Theme nights on Navigator

I'll be on the Navigator of the seas sailing out of Galveston in less than 3 weeks so I'm starting my packing list. This is my first time on RC. Are there any theme nights I should prepare for? Like Disney has pirate night so we bring something to dress up with the theme.

Is there a "midnight buffet" (which is usually at 10 or 11p)?

We'll be stopping in Cozumel, Roaton and Belize (if that makes a difference).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I was on this itinerary in Sept. 2014. I don't really remember any theme days. There was a few buffets cooked on the pool deck and the food was very good. I think the Midnight buffets are gone.

Watch the daily for events or look thru here and see if they are scanned in by somebody.

Just off Navigator (8/2/15 sailing) - no theme nights, although they did some themed parties along the Promenade, but the cast and crew did the theming and costuming.

No midnight buffets, just the regular food available at Cafe Promenade and room service if you needed it.

Fun ship by day - at night the entertainment is lacking (especially if you are used to Disney standards).

Enjoy your cruise!

There will be a 70's party one night. Very few passengers dress for it, but you can do so if you want. Be sure to see the ice show. That is outstanding entertainment. There is the piano sing-along in the Schooner bar most nights. And there is a disco about 10 PM up in the lounge on deck 14. Guest entertainers vary by cruise, so you may get lucky and enjoy some of those shows. I feel the production shows are not so hot, but the orchestra playing for those shows is outstanding. Usually there is one late night comedian and a late jazz night with the orchestra. There are no midnight buffets on any RCI ship and haven't been for several years. Too much wasted food, so this was dropped.

There might be one late-night pool party. Note that the food lines usually move very slow for these parties. But no theme nights like RCI used to have, unless you count the two formal nights.

If you sing, or play guitar or piano, Phil Anderson in the Schooner Bar will let you do a song. He likes to do that.

Edited by Jimnbigd

The must see show is the show on the last night... Forget the name of it, but its interactive and hilarious. They break the crowd into groups and guests have to provide items like a scavenger hunt.

The pool bands were meh at best on Navigator but the DJ in the club at night was very good if you like up to date and some old school dance R&B.

The must see show is the show on the last night... Forget the name of it, but its interactive and hilarious. They break the crowd into groups and guests have to provide items like a scavenger hunt.

The Quest -- In Studio B usually the 2nd to last night (Friday).

Studio B is on deck 3 -- use the back elevators/stairs.

The ice show in Studio B is also a "must see" -- no extra charge.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Thanks for all the replies! I didn't think there were any theme nights, but wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything. My sister and I are huge fans of Quest. We get really competitive. I'm a little disappointed at reading about the nighttime entertainment but I'm sure my friends and I will find something fun to get into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Watch for the "Silent Party" or they may call it "Silent Disco" which is held up in the Viking Crown. It is a dance party that uses wireless headphones with 2 channels. Everyone gets one and can choose which channel they want to listen to (they play different songs). It's fun...and if you just want to have a conversation with some one, just take your headphones off!

70's night on the promenade is fun...and on our cruise there were a number of people who dressed the part for it.

Pete

Edited by OKC Cruisers