Botox Party??

b714210

I am noticing on some posted fun times that a "Botox Party" is listed as an activity. Would someone chime in who can provide details about what happens at such a "party"?

Maybe an informative talk in the spa with the doctor onboard in order to try and get people to sign up for the Botox or other cosmetic medi-spa services he or she offers.

NO WAY !!! I only have my cosmetic surgeon/nurse do my Botox/filler...you HAVE TO KNOW YOUR DR... to me this would be like going to Mexico.....results aren't complete for up to 2-3 weeks after injections. Really???? On a ship??? Just saying...

Edited by volmoma

I agree it's probably something the Spa is selling.

Also, just say'n, but there are excellent doctors in Mexico that do Botox treatments just as well as anywhere else on the planet. ;) I'm from So Cal and know a few women who get their Botox done in Mexico. I don't do it myself...too chicken and too cheap! LOL!:D

I occasionally do Botox :D. I would never EVER do it on a cruise. Geese, how trained are these people?!? Plus, it's expensive and you don't get results for up to a week. If you really want it, find a good DR at home and see him at least a week before you go on your cruise.

I think the OP just wants to know what it is not that she's necessarily going to do it. Though I don't do Botox or anything at all to my face (just much choice definitely not judging anyone else's choice)...I'm curious too as to what exactly the "party" entails. Like is it a bunch of women having cocktails and getting shots of Botox or is it a discussion about Botox and promoting some specific product. It's curious.

probably not even done by dr onboard but someone who works in the spa.

Why in the world would someone trust someone they will never see again to do this? Probably at an inflated price to boot:(

exactly!!!

I occasionally do Botox :D. I would never EVER do it on a cruise. Geese, how trained are these people?!? Plus, it's expensive and you don't get results for up to a week. If you really want it, find a good DR at home and see him at least a week before you go on your cruise.

Your mindset is spot on.....I have a wonderful Cosmetic Dr in Murfreesboro Tn I go to...I drive 2 hrs to his office....Why you ask....I TRUST HIM... If people aren't trained to do this procedure they could do nerve damage, inject in the wrong place around the eyes ( causing droopy eye) etc. who would want a reaction to the injection in the middle of the ocean? I know the original question was has anyone heard about the Botox Party.....but goodness gracious...be smart..

I agree it's probably something the Spa is selling.

Also, just say'n, but there are excellent doctors in Mexico that do Botox treatments just as well as anywhere else on the planet. ;) I'm from So Cal and know a few women who get their Botox done in Mexico. I don't do it myself...too chicken and too cheap! LOL!:D

I should phrase that differently as there are bad Drs everywhere. I guess I'm just recalling horror stories of botched cosmetic surgery that women/ men have had out of the country to save a few bucks.

Mousey, first time I had it done ( Botox and Filler) I thought forget the numbing cream, let's get this done....NEVER AGAIN!!!! Next time I told the nurse to call in the anesthesia Dr in or numb me from the shoulders up..LOL

Anyone who gets medical procedures....Botox, tooth whitening, etc....needs their head examined1

If you want to do this, do it at home, with a reputable doctor. While none of this will probably kill you, it can have some adverse affects that you don't want to deal with on vacation.

Do it at home! Cheaper, too!

Anyone who gets medical procedures....Botox, tooth whitening, etc....needs their head examined1

If you want to do this, do it at home, with a reputable doctor. While none of this will probably kill you, it can have some adverse affects that you don't want to deal with on vacation.

Do it at home! Cheaper, too!

I do too, and my sister is a Dermatology nurse. I've heard horror stories, and I know a lot of things can go wrong. I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER get this done on a ship. Not even by a ship's doctor. Nope. There's so much risk there it's not even funny. That's just insane to me.

Certainly it's got to be something else and not really Carnival offering botox right?

Mousey, you are right that I do NOT plan to get Botox on the ship. Or at home. I am curious, though as to what the Botox party IS. Thought perhaps someone would have attended. For all I know, Botox stands for Broads riding On The OX party. Sorry if I got everybody worked up. Again, is there anybody who actually HAS attended and could tell me what this event is?

I do know people who live, say, in 90210 zip codes and the like have these parties like normal people do Tupperware. I'm only assuming but it's probably like that. Maybe a small discount given.... I would be interested to hear if anyone has checked it out.

I do too, and my sister is a Dermatology nurse. I've heard horror stories, and I know a lot of things can go wrong. I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER get this done on a ship. Not even by a ship's doctor. Nope. There's so much risk there it's not even funny. That's just insane to me.

Certainly it's got to be something else and not really Carnival offering botox right?

On both the Ecstasy and the Glory this past March and April there were large signs in the spa advertising botox and fillers ( Juvederm) that the cruise physician offers along with an album of pics of before and afters.

Here is info direct from Carnival on their medi-spa Botox and filler services: http://www.carnival.com/onboard/medi-spa

Edited by CocoCandy

On both the Ecstasy and the Glory this past March and April there were large signs in the spa advertising botox and fillers ( Juvederm) that the cruise physician offers along with an album of pics of before and afters.

This is frightening! How many ship's doctors do you suppose graduated in the top half of their class in medical school? That's what I thought, almost none. Be very afraid.

Mousey, you are right that I do NOT plan to get Botox on the ship. Or at home. I am curious, though as to what the Botox party IS. Thought perhaps someone would have attended. For all I know, Botox stands for Broads riding On The OX party. Sorry if I got everybody worked up. Again, is there anybody who actually HAS attended and could tell me what this event is?

I was just thinking the same thing! LOL!

Thanks CocoCandy for the link. OMG! If I didn't want to do Botox before that huge picture with the woman lying there with a needle sticking out of her forehead...freaked me out totally!

Edited by mousey

This is frightening! How many ship's doctors do you suppose graduated in the top half of their class in medical school? That's what I thought, almost none. Be very afraid.

What do you call a medical student who graduated at the bottom of his class?

DOCTOR!

I know the cruise lines recruit many Emergency Medicine board certified physicians, so they must be quite good at treating sick and injured patients. Many only are on a short contract because it is a fun way to earn some extra money and travel, then go back to their real world jobs.

However, I would never trust my face to just any physician as it takes experience and a good aesthetic eye to do a great job with Botox and Juvederm.

I would recommend anyone wanting to get those types of anti-aging treatments to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist as they do Botox and fillers constantly and know where to inject to get the nicest results.

I know the cruise lines recruit many Emergency Medicine board certified physicians, so they must be quite good at treating sick and injured patients. Many only are on a short contract because it is a fun way to earn some extra money and travel, then go back to their real world jobs.

However, I would never trust my face to just any physician as it takes experience and a good aesthetic eye to do a great job with Botox and Juvederm.

I would recommend anyone wanting to get those types of anti-aging treatments to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist as they do Botox and fillers constantly and know where to inject to get the nicest results.

EXACTLY!!! [emoji382]