7351 or 5130 on Pride??

aflyingbuttress

Hello,

I'm trying to decide whether I should stick with 7351 aft cabin or switch to 5130? Are there any differences between these cabins other than the location? Noise to consider? Other annoyances or perks?

We have a 3 year old so the one near Camp Carnival sounds appealing, but I'm also worried about noise. 7351 also seems great and I love the idea of the view, but I'm worried about the vibrations (I'm a light sleeper).

Any tips?

Thanks!

I'd say that's a hard call to make.

I always take complaints on CC with a grain of salt. And I almost always book an aft cabin. That being said, for my upcoming Pride cruise, I switched my aft cabin to 5137 forward solely b/c of the vibration complaints. I am a migraine sufferer and one of the posters mentioned that vibrations added to her migraine attacks and I really don't want to deal with increased chances of a migraine for 11-days on vacation! I was also worried about the noise from camp carnival but I don't think it would be too bad.

Recent posters have come back to say the vibrations haven't been that noticeable if you're used to staying aft and others say it is. I guess it depends on what you're used to. You're gut is probably telling you something. Go with that and stick with it. :)

I have had about 4 aft balconies, but all on deck 8; no aft on the Pride tho.... I have never noticed any vibration, noise, or soot at all. I would always book an aft over almost anything else.

I did have 5114 this year, and it was great as well. You can't go wrong with either.

I prefer to be close to the food trough, but you can't go wrong with either cabin IMHO....

I can understand you wanting to move closer to camp carnival, but I

wonder where you got the cabin number 5130 from. If you look at the

deck plans cabin 7351 is a three person cabin and 5130 is a four person

cabin. You might have a problem booking a four person cabin with only

three cruisers. Good switch if you can get it. One other thing I believe

7351 is also an extended balcony where 5130 is a standard balcony.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

...but I wonder where you got the cabin number 5130 from. If you look at the deck plans cabin 7351 is a three person cabin and 5130 is a four person cabin. You might have a problem booking a four person cabin with only three cruisers.

It's actually not uncommon for a 4-person cabin to be made available to a group of 3.

One other thing I believe 7351 is also an extended balcony where 5130 is a standard balcony.

5130 is an extended balcony (category 8J).

In response to HawksFan74. My mistake. I did not notice 5130 was extended

balcony. I know they will let you book a four person cabin with only three

cruisers. But if they need that four cabin they will move you and their is

nothing you can do about it. Another thing is you might miss out on some

Early Saver discounts. My daughter book a four person cabin on the Dream

in 2013 and it was only MDD, DSIL AND DGD. When the price dropped and

she filled out the claim form they denied her because she was in a person cabin with only three cruisers. She missed out on 375.00 in discounts.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Well, the decision was made for me. We were in 7351 and were planning to switch to a different sailing, which had both 7351 and 5130 open, until about 3 seconds before my travel agent called to make the switch. So we are in 5130. Hopefully we will not find too much noise and I think it will be a lot better with our daughter along with us.

I don't tend to get seasick and grew up taking regular trips on sailboats and powerboats, which are a lot more rocky than a cruise ship. I rather enjoy the lulling roll of the sea. I'm hoping to feel that a bit more up front.

Our choice would be 5130. We have had an aft facing balcony on the Miracle and did not like it. Oh, the view was terrific while sailing, but there was no breeze and it was hot, hot, hot.

While in ports we accumulated soot from the whale tail and had to wipe chairs off before sitting. Cabin steward placed a towel on the carpet inside the balcony door so we wouldn't track it into the cabin. Maybe just a fluke, but we have not gone back to the aft balcony.