!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Thanks for all the work on this, and all your reviews. As always fantastic job! Probably the first Carnival review I've read, and that's all due to the author. I've read all of them. Really enjoy seeing the pics of you and your family... looks like you all had a blast together and made some memories! Your uncle sounds like a fun cruise partner!

I think the cruise critic community should start a kickstarter campaign and get you on a world cruise or something so you can document it!! I'm in a for a few bucks!

Thank for following even though you are not a Carnival fan, it is very much appreciated :)

Wow, just 3 points under the Silhouette in overall score but from just sailing her (Silhouette) over the summer I can understand why you graded at 77%.

It was a fair score. X scored lower mainly because I felt bored in more than one occasion. It was also too classy for my personal taste.

Fair assessment! Close to how I would rate her.

I didn't know Escape was doing a 3 day, might be a good way to try out the NCL brand. Going to check it out, may try it if it leaves from Miami.

I agree with your sentiment on trash talking Carnival...I don't get it...The food and the service rivals Disney (newer ships and those with 2.0 upgrades)...The decor of the older ships leaves a lot to be desired, but I have always enjoyed cruising on Carnival for both cost and experience. My last cruise on the Breeze with Matt Mitchum was one of the best cruises so far.

The 3 day cruise is before they start the 7 day runs. From what I've heard the ship is sold out for that sailing. I am really hoping we can make it aboard.

Thanks again for another fabulous review, Gambee!! I hope you get to go on the NCL Escape so you can 1. have more fun and 2. report back with another FABULOUS review! HAHA. One of my friends is sailing the Escape on her TransAtlantic voyage in October so I will love to see how his experience compares to yours.

Any plans to sail HAL's new ship, Konnigsdam? I know you love the new builds and she looks gorgeous from the renderings I've seen so far!

I have given it thought, as you know I love new ships. However, I am hesitant to do so. I was not too thrilled about X, and it seems HAL is even slower than X is. I am afraid I will be bored on board the cruise. I would love to try a shorter sailing, it should be a perfect way to get to know the cruise line.

When is she getting delivered?

I love your reviews, both fair and honest, plus with your scorecard lets others see an opinion on what might be important to them and why you marked it the way you did.

I try to make it as fair as possible, glad you enjoy them :)

Thank you for following along, it was a fun review :D

I'm going to chime in with everyone else and thank you for all of your time, effort and energy! Always love following along with your cruises and laughing at your description of things. Now...we go through "Gambee withdrawal"! Perhaps you should start an online blog like Trainman has that takes us along with their everyday life :)

Oh my, I am not how he does it. That requires an incredible amount of work. One of my friends did it for about a year, and then gave up.

Once again for your continued support on all of my reviews :)

Hi all!

gambee ~ thanks again for a wonderful cruise!:D I too came late to the Carnival brand & wish I had tried it earlier but having heard the "party" comments avoided it. I'm itching to try Sunshine & Vista.

Seems like a decent/fair number Victory got.

I'll be trying your worst ship, the Sky in April so I'll have to read that review to be prepared. Oops, just noticed in your signature there is no Sky review.

Take care. Looking forward to your Escape in November.;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Edited by retiring soon
corrrection

Gambee, you need to be the official photographer for Carnival. Now that I've seen the pictures of HMC, I'm actually looking to book a cruise there. The pictures of the ocean are just beautiful. I can't get over how blue, clear, and gorgeous it is. You should be getting paid for doing a wonderful review for Carnival.

Gambee,

I just finished up with and really enjoyed your review of Carnival Victory. Your pictures are always great and I always enjoy them. We've been to HMC and Grand Turk, but only once while on Glory in 2010 and both are places I'd love to return to. We've been to Nassau for a few days at Atlantis but never made it there on a cruise...hard to imagine, huh? I'm sure we will one day. I have to tell you, I was laughing so much at your Uncle's antics, especially the horse's head! I'd have been one of the ones laughing and probably would have bought him a drink! That is a great picture you got of him wearing the horse head with the whale tale in the background. You really have an awesome family, great and fun loving. I just have to say that your reviews are always loaded with great pictures and so much information and even though we are going on Liberty in September instead of Victory, I found a lot of helpful hints...and this will be our 6th Carnival cruise and we we've even been on Liberty! And thank you for the "heads up" on the Eggs Benedict. If I noticed them on our upcoming cruise, I probably would have gotten them, but will be sure to avoid temptation and pass. Thank you for taking the time do do a review, they are always appreciated.

I have given it thought, as you know I love new ships. However, I am hesitant to do so. I was not too thrilled about X, and it seems HAL is even slower than X is. I am afraid I will be bored on board the cruise. I would love to try a shorter sailing, it should be a perfect way to get to know the cruise line.

When is she getting delivered?

I believe her first sailing from Ft Lauderdale is on 11/09/2016 with a short 4-day to Bahamas [Nassau and Half Moon Cay]. She is doing her maiden sailings in Europe starting in [i think] April 2016.

I have never been on X so cannot compare but HAL is definitely "slower" than Carnival or NCL. It is more subdued line with smaller ships [Konigsdam will be their largest and it is still less than 3000 pax] and an older [generally] demographic. I believe I am around your age though and I really loved their product. They don't have the water slides, ice carving, dancing waiters, hairy chest contests, etc. but I don't care for that stuff anyway. On my HAL sailing, they had fresh flowers EVERYWHERE throughout the ship, the decor was more old school elegant and the service was outstanding. they truly spoiled us; the crew could not do enough to please. The drinks were also some of the cheapest I've seen on any line: $6.95 for most cocktails although I heard they just increased to $7.50 HAHA.

We've never had a bad cruise on any line and would sail any of them again if the price and itinerary were what we wanted, but HAL or Princess would be our first choices based on past experiences. :D

Gambee great review as always and your pictures are the best. I just have a question how can you possibly give the Victory a higher score than the Divina. I know your MOM had an accident on the Divina and it left a sour taste in your mouth but really you can't compare the 2 ships, they are like night and day.

Gambee, my only problem with your review is I didn't know about it sooner and get to anticipate it. Just found it yesterday and finished reading tonight. I know Hoopster, last I heard, is scheduled for Hawaii on Radiance in Sept and Bugsy on Regal in Nov. Maybe Bugsy will check out Alfredos and the seafood venue for us. Now I read you are scheduled on Escape in Nov and will anticipate your review. I'm on the Regal in March and much looking forward to Alfredos. When out with the girls for lunch and it's my turn to choose, I always insist on a pizza venue. They call me a pizzahead. I suspect they might call you the same. Really, really enjoy your reviews, this one especially. Previous poster who suggested a Gambee cruise, including moms, aunts and uncles, is onto something. Let us all know, and all who can will be aboard.

Thanks for all your hard work, Carolyn in Texas (where it is hotter than you know what)

I enjoyed reading your review of the Carnival Victory. The pictures you took of Half Moon Cay were beautiful. Definitely planning on going on a cruise that stops there.

Glad you & your family had a great time together. Your uncle seems like quite the character but in a good way.

Thank you for an enjoyable review. The Victory is a sister ship to the Valor and your ship pictures brought back fond memories of our recent Valor cruise.

It was a pleasure to meet your family, too. I was laughing out loud and your uncle's hat and glasses.

Glad you had fun reading the review, thank you for following along.

Thanks again for another great review! Which beach or resort did you recommend in Cozumel? I can't remember which cruise review covered Cozumel... was it Allure? We are doing the Western on Allure in Nov. Thanks !

I was there on the allure and Silhouette. I have never been to resort there, but I have always wanted to try paradise beach. While on the Allure we went to Chankanaab and had a great time, but their beach is tinny. Have a fun cruise aboard the allure.

Hi all!

gambee ~ thanks again for a wonderful cruise!:D I too came late to the Carnival brand & wish I had tried it earlier but having heard the "party" comments avoided it. I'm itching to try Sunshine & Vista.

Seems like a decent/fair number Victory got.

I'll be trying your worst ship, the Sky in April so I'll have to read that review to be prepared. Oops, just noticed in your signature there is no Sky review.

Take care. Looking forward to your Escape in November.;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Thank you Jo, it was nice having you here. To be fair, I think the Sky is the on ship that I miss-scored, I think she is closer to 67 or 68. It still a fun a cruise and one that I recommend.

After all it got me hooked on cruising :)

Gambee, you need to be the official photographer for Carnival. Now that I've seen the pictures of HMC, I'm actually looking to book a cruise there. The pictures of the ocean are just beautiful. I can't get over how blue, clear, and gorgeous it is. You should be getting paid for doing a wonderful review for Carnival.

Thank you for your kind words, they are much welcome :)

Glad you enjoyed them.