Thomas Cook Caribbean Flight

Mark-Sheffield

Fellow cruisers we flew on Thomas Cook to Barbados in January and wanted to know what other CC members thought about the aircraft ?

We have seen a few postings which have mentioned the flights and I have added to the threads. But I wanted to know if everyone was as uncomfortable as we were ?

We flew with them last Nov just after the plane had had a refit.

Probably wasn't the most comfortable we have been on but couldn't really say that we were uncomfortable.

We were in economy buy the way.

Rick.

We flew Thomas Cook Gatwick to Barbados Dec `14, we had the front two seats to the left of the plane. No complaints at all loads of leg room and comfy seats. We paid through the nose for the seats but worth every penny IMO. Friends were on the other side 3 rows in and they had no complaint either, it looked like plenty leg room. The plane had just been refitted.

Regards

W&P

Fellow cruisers we flew on Thomas Cook to Barbados in January and wanted to know what other CC members thought about the aircraft ?

We have seen a few postings which have mentioned the flights and I have added to the threads. But I wanted to know if everyone was as uncomfortable as we were ?

Hi flew to Barbados in February on the Airbus 330 which had been refurbished so the flight was ok but didn't book premium seats as I could see what extra we'd get for £260[emoji6]

Paid the extra for the movies and a few drinks and just sat a waited to get to Barbados [emoji6]Not a lot of legroom with the economy seat but managed

Bob

The new TC seats are quite hard and uncomfortable in relation to the Thomson Dreamliner seats. However the configuration of 2-4-2 may suit some more than the Dreamliners 3-3-3

Have flown premium on the old TC 330 and the Thomson Dreaminer and 767. But I find it difficult to justify the cost. Just a mean old b****er.

Cb

Having seen the comments so far, i would agree that the leg room is fine, but considering how recent the plane has been refurbished the seats were very uncomfortable, especially on the return leg. I took a sleeping tablet and that still didn't knock me out because i was squirming around in the seat.

Having seen the comments so far, i would agree that the leg room is fine, but considering how recent the plane has been refurbished the seats were very uncomfortable, especially on the return leg. I took a sleeping tablet and that still didn't knock me out because i was squirming around in the seat.
Agreed we flew from Manchester with TC was one of the worst long haul flights we have ever taken , if you are more than 5.5 tall or a very large padded backside !.you have a problem,this was i might add before they were refurbished, this time we are paying the extra in premium with Thomson from Birmingham

Agreed we flew from Manchester with TC was one of the worst long haul flights we have ever taken , if you are more than 5.5 tall or a very large padded backside !.you have a problem,this was i might add before they were refurbished, this time we are paying the extra in premium with Thomson from Birmingham

I can't comment on the comfort of the seats as not travelled in them since the fe-fit but a bit bewildered about the size. Are they not the standard 32inch which is the same as Thomson but bigger than BA and Virgin?

My husband who is over 6ft and does plenty of business travel, he finds the size plenty big enough.

To each their own but I seriously have tried trying to justify the extra money for premium having done it a couple of times but I absolutely get nothing out if it.

A real knife and fork. A couple of glasses of wine. Priority boarding (which totally cracks me up), as I'm not the best of travellers, so extra minutes sat on the plane is way too many minutes for me. Some extra films, which you can buy in the cheap seats anyhow.

I think it cost about £400 for us both and seriously didn't think it was worth even half of that.

Edited by laurakdy

I can never work it out why people pay for the premium seats. I would rather spend that money on a better cabin or spending money.

Totally agree and of course to each their own but I tried it twice just in case I missed something first time around and it was the biggest waste of money.

A work colleague last year booked premium seats on the flight, but booked an inside cabin on the ship ? I asked why and he said it was a treat for his wife. I asked him why not use the money towards a balcony cabin or outside ? He said that they hardly spend time in their cabin and go for the cheapest.

Going for a week with Thompson in just over a week and thats in an inside cabin so don't think we'll be spending much time in it, but in January on Britannia we're in a balcony and thats completely different.

I don't think I could sit and have a drink in an inside cabin (although I may well try) but sat on a balcony watching the world go by with nobody bumping into you or yelling from an adjacent sunbed is a different kettle of fish.

Rick.

Our flight in February was as comfortable a charter flight that we have experienced. It was one of the (then) recently upgraded Airbus, and we pre-booked two window seats. All in all no gripes from us.

We did a similar flight a few years back and paid £100 each to upgrade to premium. My husband doesn't like flying and the extra space was worth every penny. I remember seeing the standard seats and thinking how cramped it must have been for such a long journey [emoji51] we all have different priorities, we were pleased with our choice.

We did a similar flight a few years back and paid £100 each to upgrade to premium. My husband doesn't like flying and the extra space was worth every penny. I remember seeing the standard seats and thinking how cramped it must have been for such a long journey [emoji51] we all have different priorities, we were pleased with our choice.

At £100 I wouldn't think twice and would definitely upgrade but I think it is now £300 each. Also a new extra this winter £100 on all seats unless you are flying from Gatwick.,so because we fly from Manchester this puts £200 more on the cruise price than we paid in January this year.

At £100 I wouldn't think twice and would definitely upgrade but I think it is now £300 each. Also a new extra this winter £100 on all seats unless you are flying from Gatwick.,so because we fly from Manchester this puts £200 more on the cruise price than we paid in January this year.

Wow, I agree that's s huge rise and a big increase to the cost of your holiday, I don't think I will be booking fly-cruise!