D725 Island Princess after Drydock - Question

Once Upon A Time

Have just booked D725 on the Island Princess for Fall 2016.. After the Spring 2015 Dry Dock, it seems major changes have been made to the aft of the ship..We've sailed on the Coral in a similar cabin and I'm wondering if anyone has sailed in that cabin or seen the area recently and could give me a little insight..

Have just booked D725 on the Island Princess for Fall 2016.. After the Spring 2015 Dry Dock, it seems major changes have been made to the aft of the ship..We've sailed on the Coral in a similar cabin and I'm wondering if anyone has sailed in that cabin or seen the area recently and could give me a little insight..

That cabin is an original. No changes. There is no aft viewing area anymore at the end of the passageway.

That cabin is an original. No changes. There is no aft viewing area anymore at the end of the passageway.

Thank you for your information.. In reading archives, I noticed you'd posted in the past regarding this area of the Island Princess .. May I ask if you think a min-suite on Caribe in the same general location might be a better choice for a Trans Canal cruise?

Thank you for your information.. In reading archives, I noticed you'd posted in the past regarding this area of the Island Princess .. May I ask if you think a min-suite on Caribe in the same general location might be a better choice for a Trans Canal cruise?

It was when there was an aft viewing area.

In the canal the forward view is great but moving around the ship to get different vantage points is excellent.

I think I would go forward as all those viewing areas are untouched. We have 2 Island Princess cruises and 1 Coral cruise coming up.

We went forward on Caribe (Island) those first 8 or so minis.

Fully covered and just steps from the forward viewing area.

The only aft viewing area left on the Island is Emerald deck.

Hi, we are booked in November 2016 on a 19 day partial Canal transit. We are now booked in a mini suite aft and now after reading all of your answers I was wondering if C226 forward would be comfortable while cruising north back to Los Angeles. We did an 18 day same cruise on the Island 6-7 years ago but we were on Dolphin aft. I must wear a patch for seasickness but it always works for me. Has anyone found this cabin too far forward for comfort?

Thanks for any wisdom you can impart. I have had 2 surgeries and a bad infection over the last 1 1/2 year and am so looking forward to this cruise.

Hi, we are booked in November 2016 on a 19 day partial Canal transit. We are now booked in a mini suite aft and now after reading all of your answers I was wondering if C226 forward would be comfortable while cruising north back to Los Angeles. We did an 18 day same cruise on the Island 6-7 years ago but we were on Dolphin aft. I must wear a patch for seasickness but it always works for me. Has anyone found this cabin too far forward for comfort?

Thanks for any wisdom you can impart. I have had 2 surgeries and a bad infection over the last 1 1/2 year and am so looking forward to this cruise.

IMO C226 would be a great location.

Come join the roll call for that cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2211977

As the others have said, the cabin itself should be fine. What's different is that they've ruined (our favorite ship) the Island by getting rid of the stern decks and putting in more cabins :(. We loved being able to watch Alaska from the stern. Now we're booked on Coral Princess and I'm guessing they'll make the same mistake (IMO) with her when she's in dry dock and add more cabin's :( for more $$.

• 2 weeks later...