Just off Anthem

motif

I'll try and attach images of the 'As You Depart' letter later. Departure times are 6:45 to 9:30 am (ish).

Yes, there is a library. It's on deck 6 aft, but you can only get to it through Two70 on deck 5. There are stairs behind the bar on the right, or up the stairs on the left as you enter Two70 and across the back of the balcony.

Edited by motif
Bad photos

If you click on the images, it *should* open Flickr.

20309935043_9d7c015a5a_z.jpg20930952745_a0d4d2906b_z.jpg

And this is from the FAQs, 'What and What Not To Pack'.

Also, I think there is a lift to the library from deck 5 for wheelchair / disabled access

:)

Edited by motif
Additional info about the library.

Do you get to choose your tag and therefore timeslot, or are they pre-assigned?

I think they're pre-assigned, depending on the information that you put in when you do the onboard check in. We booked our taxi for 9:30am, and we put that on the online check in, and we had a departure time of 9:15am. I suspect that you can change slots / tags, probably have to go to Guest Services, or maybe (if you're lucky) your stateroom attendant might be able to help. If you get off too much earlier than your slot though, your luggage might not be waiting for you and you'll have to wait in the baggage shed rather than in one of the ship's lounges!

Great posts by the way and apologies for 'butting in' on your preview, but would like to add some comments.

We did the Anthem early July and really had some great weather.

I was fortunate to board the North Star around 5 times during the cruise and not really having the 'head for heights' I managed it ok, in fact it travels upwards so slowly that you do not really notice it is moving. But the views alone are something to look forward to. It goes up something like 300 feet above sea level.

The only negative comment I have is that, in the area which was set aside for queuing, there was no shade.

The 'Anthem' is definitely a ship with the WOW factor.

Forgive my butting in too, when we were lining up for the North star the attendant had an umbrella but I guess that's cos he was there for hours. We kept an eye and when the queue was short we junped in!

Hello Motif

What times did the evening shows (early show, late show) start in the main theatre ?

Really appreciate your time:)

Hi,

It seems to vary, depending on what the show is. From our collection of Daily Planners (I've included Spectra's Cabaret, which is always in Two70, not the Royal Theatre):

Day 1

7:45 pm - Welcome Aboard Show

Day 2

7:45 pm - Spectra's Cabaret

9:00 pm - Headliner Showtime (Darren Day)

10:30 pm - Spectra's Cabaret

10:45 pm - Headliner Showtime (Darren Day)

Day 3

7:00 pm - Headliner Showtime (Andy Leach)

8:45 pm - Headliner Showtime (Andy Leach)

Day 4

8:30 pm - Spectra's Cabaret

9:00 pm - Headliner Showtime (Claire Vinkesteijn)

10:45 pm - Headliner Showtime (Claire Vinkesteijn)

Day 5

9:00 pm - We Will Rock You

Day 6

9:00 pm - We Will Rock You

Day 7

7:00 pm - Headliner Showtime (Analiza Ching)

9:00 pm - Headliner Showtime (Analiza Ching)

Day 8

9:00 pm - Spectra's Cabaret

10:15 pm - Name That Tune LIVE

Day 9

8:45 pm - Headliner Showtime (Christopher Caress)

10:45 pm - Headliner Showtime (Christopher Caress)

Day 10

8:45 pm - In Concert

10:30 pm - Stars vs Stripes

Day 11

7:00 pm - Headliner Showtime (Marcus Terell & The Serenades)

9:00 pm - Headliner Showtime (Marcus Terell & The Serenades)

Day 12

9:00 pm - The Gift

10:45 pm - The Gift

Day 13

9:00 pm - The Gift

Day 14

6:45 pm - Headliner Showtime (Bobby Davro)

9:15 pm - Headliner Showtime (Bobby Davro)

I remember for 9:00 pm showing of We Will Rock You, the doors opened 8:15 - 8:45 pm for people with reservations. Then from 8:50 pm the doors were opened for people without reservations for the remaining spare seats. It would have been similar for the other shows with reservations, too.

(I'm amazed how many times I've just had to type 'Spectra's Cabaret' :D)

Hi we did puzzle break as they called it, it was excellent. It wasn't widely publ7cized though. We found it on IQ , and it took place on deck 14 in the teens area. Well recommended.

We fancied doing that, too, but by the time we remembered, it was already fully booked. Never mind, maybe next time :D

How did you get on? Did you manage to escape in time? :)

Gee, that was quick! Thank you for your detailed response. That Spectra's Cabaret must be good:D I guess even with a booking for the show, it just meant u have first choice of seats, rather than an allocated seating.

Really appreciate this

Thanks, do you know if you can get an iron at guest services?

Not to butt in, but I wanted to clarify the discussion about irons.

Clothes irons are definitely on the list of prohibited items and if they are found in the scan of your luggage prior to boarding, it will be removed and you will be given a 'ticket' to pick it up at the end of the cruise. Irons can cause fires and they are not allowed in staterooms.

If you want your clothes pressed, you will need to send them for pressing with laundry service and pay the fee. This is the policy on all RCCL ships and not just specific to Anthem.

I hope that this information helps.