P&O Vanuatu Explorer on Pacific Pearl

daniel1991

Hi all, just after some feedback on Pacific Explorer Cruise to Vanuatu, Champaign Bay, Santo, Mystery Island, Isle of Pines and Villa. Never been on the Pearl, how is it compared to Jewel and Dawn, and is Aug-Sept good weather in Vanuatu. Thanks

Hi daniel, Welcome to the board.

I can't answer all your questions but I can say that in my opinion, the Pearl is quite a nice ship. I've sailed on her a couple of times with an Oceanview Cabin, and once on Jewel with a balcony. She is smaller than Jewel and Dawn, but the facilities are very similar. If you've been on Jewel or Dawn and liked it, I'm sure you'll enjoy Pearl.

I'll let someone else comment on the weather as my group mostly travel around November.

Hi, thank you for your comments. Sounds like she's as good as the Dawn and Jewel. I was only worried as I think the Pearl is the oldest one of them all although I've heard that it just had a dry dock in Brisbane and possibly a refit. Not sure if this is true..

Hi Just got of the Pearl today, 23/8 and yes the buffet has been done up and is quite OK (water leaks tho) but the Pearl is an old ship and is showing it. Rust rust rust. Refits can't fix a rusted ship. Sell it and gives us a new ship please P&O.

No edge activities working yet. Didn't see anything refitted in main restaurant. (only the attitude of the breakfast and lunch wait staff needs to be adjusted) Dinner waiters were perfect.

Sam

Edited by ssdsibes

• 2 weeks later...