panama canal in 2017

cruisenuts4life

Am I better to book this now , I notice that closer to sailing they offer much better deals. I always book 2 years in advance but thinking this one I should wait. Any suggestions?

We booked our cruise in Jan. for a Oct. 28th cruise and got a great deal. After that the price never went down but was almost double before it completely sold out. If you don't mind the price now, then go ahead but 2 years is a long time.

I have booked two Panama Canal transits in the past. Both were booked as soon as the new schedule came out. In neither case did the price come down for the type of cabin I booked-----didn't pay attention to the other types.

Both cruises seemed to sell out pretty quickly. My suggestion would be to book early and then keep an eye on prices. If it comes down, try to get the new fare from Princess either directly or through your travel agent if you used one.

I agree with the rest. Grab a cabin of your choice now and when final payment arrives if you are not happy with the cost then cancel. We have done a number of Panama cruises and I can't remember a price reduction. They always seem to get higher.

If you take any princess cruises in the next year,you can buy future cruise credits good for two years.

You can make your reservation two years in advance.

You only need a deposit of 100.00 per person for a deposit and you will probably get ship board credits.

Go to the captain's circle desk will you are on a cruise.

long cruiser

Am I better to book this now , I notice that closer to sailing they offer much better deals. I always book 2 years in advance but thinking this one I should wait. Any suggestions?

We often book that far in advance. I sign up for price change alerts for our cabin category at ********** and if the price goes down, I have our TA change our booking to the lower price. It works all the way to final payment. Always read the fine print of what the lower fare entails. Sometimes you'll lose out on promotions where the lower fare isn't worth the loss.

A few years ago I managed to lock in $900 on a Southern Caribbean on Princess in a high category balcony stateroom.