Crown Taking a Detour?

goncruzn

three ships did not make it into Skagway today....A major fall storming is barreling up the coast with hurricane...(65-75mph)....it will be up towards Nome or Barrow in a week or so, but right now it is pretty bad...Sitka had major flooding as well as a major landslide that took down a few houses...Skagway is also expected to flood. Have friends who live in both places...unusual weather but not rare.....

I really like Sitka. How awful for them. Skagway is my favorite Alaskan port. However, any cruise anywhere in Alaska is going to be magnificent (as long as the ship stays afloat!) :)

To any worried about Alaska's weather for upcoming cruises...Alaska is HUGE. Here in Anchorage, we had a glorious sunny day today while apparently Skagway was battered by severe wind. I haven't even read of any storms here this week, and the forecast shows great weather in the 60s for Anchorage the next week. Weather varies so drastically here from minute to minute and place to place, and the forecast is hit or miss. No matter what, the scenery is spectacular! Happy cruising, and I hope you make all your ports! [emoji568]

YES.....Anchorage is bigger than the state of Delaware....Alaska is a bit bigger than that.....:D