Decisions on VOS Jr Suite

Man314

I am currently booked in a Jr Suite on Deck 10 (1658) . . . looks like a normal Jr Suite, but it is very close to the elevator. I just noticed 9628 is available. It is a Jr Suite, but at the start of the "hump," central to the ship, further away from elevator traffic, AND it looks like the balcony may be larger due triangle created by the hump joining the rest of the ship. Couple of questions for veteran cruisers:

- Any difference in rooms or services on deck 9 vs. 10?

- Due to the shape, am I really getting more space on balcony or are there pipes or obstructions that utilize this space?

- Is there a discernable noise / traffic issue being right across from an elevator?

- I purchased through Travelocity & just made final pmt. . . looks like prices have gone up. If I trade rooms, am I still locked into my original price?

Any recommendations or insight would be appreciated!

I would grab 9628 in a heart beat. Never had a problem with noise being close to the elevator. Not sure about a charge for changing. One TA moved me no problem as long as it was in the same category. Another made me pay current rate since it was past final payment however the online TA with credit card through MBNA is known for fees, fees and more fees. I really don't think you would regret moving to 9628, very convient. It won't last.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived