Anyone ever had to leave ship mid-cruise?

knothead

I'm getting so excited!!! We leave tomorrow, We are staying in a hotel close to airport the night before our 6:18am flight. We decided that would give us a few more hour sleep inplace of losing those hour due to the long drive to the airport. I'm at work and it is so hard to work because I'm think of all the little things that need to get done!

Thanks again for all the thoughts & prayers!!!

Wishing everyone a safe & happy cruise & travels in the next few days & weeks.

You have to remember it was enacted many years ago and covers foreign flagged ships to protect American ships so they could handle passengers U.S. port to U.S. port without competition. But we know it didn't help.

You are right that it didn't help. There are only two ships that qualify compared to the how many that don't!

We think of only those provisions in the Jone's act that impact cruise ships. As a previous poster indicated there are provisions that deal with cargo ships as well as other non-cruise passenger travel (ferries, etc.). I am not a legal expert but I will say that we should not condemn the entire act, just because we are inconvenienced by a part of it.

And knothead, so sorry for your loss.

Archived