Carnival fascination- deck 4 ocean view any good??

ccleveland

We have done the Fascination once out of Jacksonville... The one thing I loved was the long sailing down the river to get out of the port.

Had a great time sitting right outside the bar on Lido deck, watching the nice houses, and the navel yard go by.

She is a nice ship, but older. Hope you have a great time!

4th deck is the Riviera-what is underneath you? Depending on what room, mostly employee quarters. I love the Riviera deck, when you get back to the ship, you just walk up one flight of stairs, and you are "home". I stay up front, but have never been bothered by noise from below. There isn't anything but cabins above you, and you can hear the ocean slap the ship on that deck, you will sleep like a baby.:) See you on board, I can't wait either!

So on the fascination, deck 4 is the lowest DECK for us to stay in and the decks below deck 4 is for employees and maybe where they keep food, misc stuff? I hope the waves hitting the ship isn't loud on deck 4. I'm in the room r69 ocean view (I think that's the room number)

I'm excited about the cruise in like 31 or so days. I sure hope the fascination ship has alot of walk around area even though the ship is smaller.

I just checked the deck plans, you will be fine. R69 is starboard, no where near being under the restaurant areas, so food is not going to be around.

I would suggest that you sign up for the Behind the Scenes Tour of the ship, which you have to order when you board, and it is usually the last sea day, you do have to wear closed toe shoes, but it is so worth it. I think it's like 79.00 bucks, but you will understand what it takes to make this ship and all the activities run. You go up on the bridge, meet the Captain and the staff, have pictures taken, and it takes up the whole morning, so you aren't sitting around -starts after breakfast, ends before lunch. DH and I did this after reading Cruise Confidential. I wont do it again on a Fantasy class ship, but if I sail something besides a Spirit class I will.

I just checked the deck plans, you will be fine. R69 is starboard, no where near being under the restaurant areas, so food is not going to be around.

I would suggest that you sign up for the Behind the Scenes Tour of the ship, which you have to order when you board, and it is usually the last sea day, you do have to wear closed toe shoes, but it is so worth it. I think it's like 79.00 bucks, but you will understand what it takes to make this ship and all the activities run. You go up on the bridge, meet the Captain and the staff, have pictures taken, and it takes up the whole morning, so you aren't sitting around -starts after breakfast, ends before lunch. DH and I did this after reading Cruise Confidential. I wont do it again on a Fantasy class ship, but if I sail something besides a Spirit class I will.

Behind the seams seems really fun I think I will do that on this trip and then do it again on the bigger ships whenever I go next year thanks for the advice

Your cabin is in a great location near the forward elevators. Nice atrium just up on deck 7.

Nice quiet location is at the aft of deck 10. Two seating areas at the back of the ship on either side. The pizza place is just inside, and a nice bar and buffet too.

I have taken Fantasy class once, and was quite pleased. I like the larger ships too, but Fantasy class was fine.

Happy sailing.

Edited by Jay Sam
addition

We stayed in R92 before and didn't have any problems. We didn't feel many waves or have any problems with noise.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm sure hoping the weather calms down soon for my 9/21 cruise. It's my wedding anniversary. Can't have problems come up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R69 on the Inspiration and Imagination (her sisters) is directly above the loading door. Keep your curtains drawn when pulling into port.

Only noise we heard was the beeping when the forklifts are backing up.

R69 on the Inspiration and Imagination (her sisters) is directly above the loading door. Keep your curtains drawn when pulling into port.

Only noise we heard was the beeping when the forklifts are backing up.

Well that's good info. Thank you! Haha

Been on Fascination 4 times. Stayed on Riviera 3 of those and Main the other. Stayed in that room or one close by in the 60s in a Ocean View cant remember exact number. Best Ocean view we have had because we had rough waves one day and the waves slapped the window several times. It was so cool! Fun to watch. This is normal on this deck at the front of the ship so dont panic. Enjoy it!

We love this ship and I bet you will also. Embarkation lunch on the Rotisserie they always serve roast beef, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese that is delicious.

Have fun I wish I were joining you. I have to wait until January.

I actually made a mistake. I'm in r96 on deck 4. I'm hoping since it seems like r96 is more up front that I will not feel the ship rock to much.

I was definitely hoping the waves would splash against the window so I could see underneath the ocean. That be really cool!

U should join us! They have rooms open according to carnival.

I just really hope the cruise isn't affected by any new storms