Spa Pre-Reserve Available Today but Shore Excursions Still Not Available

czarinahil

DH and I are booked on the Golden for her 1/21/06 sailing and according to my calculations today is 120 days out. (although maybe I am off by a day or so) Spa reservations became available today on the cruise personalizer but shore excursions are still unavailable.

Has anyone else experienced this (spa available but excursions not)?

Hilary

Hilary, the online spa reservation is new, so not much to compare to from past years. Shore excursions depend on finalizing contracts with the tour vendors, and sometimes are not available at all until 90 or 60 days out. Also, some tours get cancelled and some new ones are added even after that time. Keep checking back every couple of weeks, even AFTER you see excursions open up the first time.

When I spoke to a Princess phone representative, I was told that it sometimes depends on whether or not the companies onshore have responded to Princess as "prepared for bookings" for your time period. Sometimes they will hold all shore excursions even though they are only waiting for a few tour companies to respond.

I was told to keep checking back, and in fact, I found that my shore excursions came available for online booking just a few days later.

Hope this helps! I know you must be getting excited...

Thanks for the info. I know I am an anal planner but I am really excited about this trip, and for me the planning is a large part of the fun:-)

There is really only one excursion I want to book through Princess (America's Cup Regatta on St. Maarten), but I hear it is a very popular one so I am eager to make sure we get it!

Hilary

Archived