Hotels near port of new orleans and parking?

Gardeneroflove

Hey, leaving on Carnival Dream soon, we'd like to drive in day before. Looking for a hotel close to the port. Paying attention to the price of parking for the hotel as well (we may just park an extra day at the Fulton, depending on shuttles)

We'll park at fulton parking garage for cruise parking or is there a better place?

What hotels, close to port, do you recomend? Looking to stay under $150 for the night.

And does anyone know where the Carnival Dream will be? In Jan, RCL was directly behind the boardwalk. I'm not sure if there's more than one cruise terminal?

Thanks!!

Edited by Gardeneroflove

Anywhere in the French Quarter or on Decatur Street should be fine for the hotel. Taxis are very inexpensive in New Orleans, so that would be your best way to get to the port.

Some hotels out by the airport offer stay park and cruise packages. There are one or two in the area of the French Quarter as well. When you contact the hotel (if you do) be sure to ask if they have any stay park and cruise packages available.

http://www.neworleanscruisetips.com/new-orleans-hotels-with-cruise-parking/

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn prior to our cruise and parked at the Fulton Street Garage the day before the cruise since it was on the next block. The hotel was under $150 (through Priceline) and the Riverfront streetcar line was nearby and convenient to getting to the French Quarter.

For our cruise last March, we stayed at the Four Points Sheraton at Bourbon and Toulouse. Can't get any further into the French Quarter than that. Parked at the Fulton garage, and will do so again on our upcoming cruise. Only $68 for roof top for the entire week, and a very short van ride to the terminal.

For all 3 cruises out of NOLA, we stayed at the Hyatt Place that is right near the port. It is across the street from the convention center and just down from the cruise terminal. You could walk to the ship but we always park at the terminal garage so we drive. Very nice hotel. We have walked to Bourbon St from there but it is a good walk. Harrahs is nearby too.

We had to outrun a storm in 2013 and because we had to spend extra days before our cruise we stayed in Hammond LA. Cheap hotels and no traffic. It was glorious. On the way into New Orleans I received a call from Manchu Picchu Parking checking to see if there was a problem. I told them that we were an hour out. Jezebel, our gps, led us to the lot in a rundown, nasty looking part of town and I thought that I had made a bad mistake. I didn't need to worry. The owners were super nice. Helped us unload the car and loaded everything into a van. 15 minutes later we were at the port. The big surprise was when we returned. We called as soon as we were outside the terminal and after a short wait we were picked up and whisked back to the lot where our car was parked in front of the office ready to head home. This is some of the best service that we have had in our 15 cruises. If you need a place to park I can't reccomend MP enough.

Edited by clackey

We had to outrun a storm in 2013 and because we had to spend extra days before our cruise we stayed in Hammond LA. Cheap hotels and no traffic. It was glorious. On the way into New Orleans I received a call from Manchu Picchu Parking checking to see if there was a problem. I told them that we were an hour out. Jezebel, our gps, led us to the lot in a rundown, nasty looking part of town and I thought that I had made a bad mistake. I didn't need to worry. The owners were super nice. Helped us unload the car and loaded everything into a van. 15 minutes later we were at the port. The big surprise was when we returned. We called as soon as we were outside the terminal and after a short wait we were picked up and whisked back to the lot where our car was parked in front of the office ready to head home. This is some of the best service that we have had in our 15 cruises. If you need a place to park I can't reccomend MP enough.

We stay at Hilton Gardens Inn and walk to the french quarter. We park at Fulton. We have parked with Machu Picchu and will NEVER use them again. The first time we used them they left one of our suitcases in the car that they were supposed to transfer with us to the port. We figured honest mistake so decided to use them again this past April. We had reservations and a confirmation. We were stuck in traffic on the tunnel bridge in Mobile. Called to let them know we would be a little late. They said ok, but then called us back a few minutes later and told us they were not going to wait on us, that we would need to find another place. Both times with dealt with Angel. As I said we will NEVER EVER use them again and I would not recommend them to anyway. That's when we found Fulton Garage. It was great and we will stay there from now on.