Mexican Riviera Questions - First time cruiser

boozercroozer

What are the best things to do in the different ports???

Also what is the best way to get booze on the ship???

I have heard that the checked baggage is the best.

What are some good alternative excursion websites as well???

Responses are greatly appreciated!!!!

This is our first cruise, and I will share my experiences when we get home.

Hello - welcome to cruising!!

You'll get better response if you indicate which ports? Each port has its own unique things to see and do.

Also which ship?? Bringing booze on ship can vary depending on cruise line and occasionally, type of liquor.

We will be in Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo.

I was looking for ways to book without using the cruise lines. We would like to do the dolphin swim, a sailing cruise, and some beach time. Let me know the best excursions. Thanks in advance.

We will be on the Norweigen Star for the October 16th sailing.

We were on this ship with the same itinerary in January. In fact, we sailed this same ship a couple of years ago in Hawaii. As far as getting the booze on board, NCL will go through your luggage and confiscate it. They took ours in Hawaii but we decided to try it again for the next cruise. In Hawaii we were booked in a regular balcony cabin but we were celebrating a special occasion for the Mexican Riveria cruise and booked a penthouse suite. I'm telling you this because when our luggage arrived in the PH, there was red tape on each suitcase that was marked "liquor inside". They didn't take it this time, but they marked it. Was it because of the cabin category? I'm the queen of sneaking booze on board. The best way without getting caught is to either purchase the small single liquor bottles or you can also put it in water bottles or some other type of container. It's not guaranteed you'll get it through, but it's worked for us on other lines. NCL makes enjoying a cocktail in your room next to impossible. I have a friend that just returned from an NCL trip in Hawaii and they took their liquor from them also. Here's what we did on the MR cruise:

Acapulco: Hired a driver just outside of terminal and toured the city & saw the Cliff Divers (wished we'd booked the CD's on our own)

Cabo: Whale watching (didn't see many whales at all)

Puerto Vallarta: Golf - Great course at Mayan Palace

Ixtapa: Resort Tour - DON'T DO THIS ONE

Leaving again in two weeks for the Mexican Rivieria - not with NCL. After two cruises with them we're not impressed with this cruise line and won't go back and it has nothing to do their liquor policy.

We will be in Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo.

I was looking for ways to book without using the cruise lines. We would like to do the dolphin swim, a sailing cruise, and some beach time. Let me know the best excursions. Thanks in advance.

We will be on the Norweigen Star for the October 16th sailing.

See you on the ship boozercroozer. :-) I read that you can do the dolphin swim at the water park but you need to tell them you are at a hotel as they don't like to take business away from the cruiseline excursions. A lot of people say taxi to the Hyatt and use their beach facilities free after you order a drink and snack. We have decided to hire a guide driver at the terminal to see the sights. We also will check out the divers and do the shotover jet. Possibly hit Sr. Frogs or Carlos and Charlies in the evening if we're still going strong. :-)

Archived