Booked Sunshine on level 2 under the Galley. PVP says its not noisy?

SammySH

i cant speak for the sunshine, but i can speak for the cove balconies on the dream that are right under the galley. was in one 2 weeks ago. noisy. all night long. sounded like they were right on the balconies moving around the chairs and tables.

our friends always get coves, and said it was never an issue for them. we liked visiting their cove last year, so we booked one this year. i dont think we'll book one for next years. loved it, except for the galley noise

Was on her in June and my friends had 2 cabins midship deck 2 under galley and never said a word about noise. I, on the other hand, was aft deck 2 just beyond the mid ship section, and the noise and vibration from the docking ropes on port days woke me up every time....and the art closet was across the hall and who knew they change the art out in the halls every darn day in the middle of the night!!

Unless everybody in your party are very heavy sleepers and can sleep through anything, I would strongly suggest you book another room. To save some money is not worth being in a noisy room that one cannot wait to get out of.

The first thing I thought of when I read this was it was just a PVP trying to sell a room. I honestly think a lot of PVP's haven't been on the majority of the ships and their experience in that regard lacks.

I have read multiple times on cruise critic of people who have stayed under the galley on other ships and have serious noise issues. I think most of those reports came from those with cove balconies, but I would think that issue could hold true on any ship.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I still would like to hear from more people who actually stayed in cabins 2250-2297 on the Sunshine. We are going with a group of 15 with 4 cabins right next to each other so if we move it may be hard to find 4 cabins near each other on a different deck. But it doesn't hurt to ask since we are still over 5 months out.