Tender In Belize - Wait times

koss78b2

SO looks liked Faster WAy to Fun plan is sold out , so i cant get it.

Now i am doing a cruise with Port in Belize. I heard its a tender and the people with platium etc get priority to port.

So for an average person, how long would i have to wait to get on the tender then once ship docks out at sea? are there many tenders that come and go? or will i be waiting a long time? could i speed up process booking a direct cruise excursion? thanks

It's about a 20-25 minute boat ride to shore. The wait for a tender will be a little longer than one for say Grand Caymen due to the length of the ride but not much longer. A lot will depend more on weather and waves than the length of the line trying to go ashore.

FYI. Tender lines for Belize and most tender ports for CCL go in this order:

CCL Shore Excursions first, Platinum/Diamond, FTTF followed by all else who have independent booked shore excursions or who are just going ashore.

From my experience in Belize, several of the independent shore excursion operators advertise that their tours start 90 minutes after ship arrival time. Also, my private shore excursion on my next CCL cruise 10/31 also states to meet ashore at their booth and that they leave 1 1/2 hours after ship arrival.

when is your cruise? keep checking because they continue to add so many FTTF passes every so often! you could have a chance to grab one

and whatever you do, do not get on the "Ashanti" tender. she's been known to catch fire.....more than once. :eek: BTDT wasnt fun LOL our Faster to the Fun, turned into Faster to the FIRE joke!

I waited 45 minutes in the comedy lounge before I was able to get on the tender about. We showed up there around 830 in the morning. Next time? I would definitely show up earlier. Grab something quick off the Lido deck and go get your number. Also, have a plan excursion if you're going to do the tender. I'd like to just go shopping and looking around and there is nothing much to do their due to safety concerns. So yes, to answer your question, a direct booking for an excursion would get you a faster tender time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk