island princess hawaii

antsp

Maui is good – you can take the Kaanapali Trolley from Lahina to the resorts at Kaanapali and spend time on the beach there. Honolulu is good as you can take shuttle to Waikiki. There’s a beach about a 10 minute walk from the ship on Kauai. The Big Island would probably be the lesser of the stops, but they all have beaches, so I would think it would depend on what else you want to do.

We are doing this cruise in December and have chosen Maui as our beach day at Ka'anapali, just as bdjam has suggested. We picked Maui because of the things that we have planned on other Islands... and we are looking forward to this day most of all! The fact that we could take the trolley for a nominal fee over renting a car helped make that decision too. Supposed to be good snorkeling at Black Rock... so it is ideal for our family.

We rented a car on each island and did beaches............on Maui, however the day was VERY short. We had to reboard at 2 p.m. (they said) but there was a tender problem with people standing in line about four hours.:( We wished we'd not turned in the rental car..............the day is far too short on Maui unless they've changed the schedule for 2006.

The BEST snorkeling on Hawaii (the big island) was right where they unload the tenders................really!!;)

Our itinerary for December shows us in Maui until 6pm with a 5:30 re-boarding time.
Our boarding time in Maui was the same.
Kona or Hilo?
The tenders are used in Kona. In Hilo, you are alongside. It’s always a little freaky in Kona heading to the tender dock with people swimming almost along side the tender. There are a couple of good snorkeling tours out of Kona as well – my traveling partner did one that took them on a Zodiac out by the Captain Cook monument – they got in the middle of a school of dolphins on the way, so they got dolphin sighting and snorkeling for the price of one!

It’s always a little freaky in Kona heading to the tender dock with people swimming almost along side the tender.

Boy, I am sorry I missed seeing that. That is wierd.

Unfortunately, Kona was the one and only port where I did not even get off the ship. Unfortunately, I was quite a bit under the weather that day. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Kona or Hilo?

OOPS!!

Sorry.....................Kona!!

Just to your right as you walk off the walkway.........fantastic!!

We walked several blocks to a neat beach but tried this one while waiting for a tender and it was BETTER!!:) :)

Archived