parking in fort lauderdale

Bernieg61

There is a great place to park...called Park-N-Fly, they will actually bring a bus, pick you up and drop you off right in front of the dock and also come get you when you return. And we only paid, I think $45 for the whole week...We paid as we left. I think they have a web site! We will use them again in December. We did Holland in May and it was in our cruise papers about this.

There are multi-level parking lots right at the cruise terminals, and you pay when you leave....cash or credit card. If I recall.....and someone can correct me, it is $12.00/day. The porters, when you collect you bags, will help you with your bags to your car.

I believe the parking is $12 a day. In the past we've dropped our bags off first and then parked. Lately we've stayed at the Amerisuites hotel the night before and they let us park there for free for the week. That works out great for us because we like to get to the ship early on Saturday and we also don't have to worry about any delays driving over from Tampa on Sat. morning.

Check with FtLauderdaleairportparking.com. Last time I used them they were $40 for the week; sometimes there's a coupon.

Parking garage at port is $12/day. Marly's advice about Amerisuites is right on the money too. We've also done that, especially with an early flight out of FLL.

Arlene

I don't know if you will need a hotel, but last time we cruised we stayed at a hotel within a few blocks of the dock and the hotel let us keep our car there all week for free. So, we got a nights stay and got to wake up the next day and take our time getting to the ship and got free parking all for the price of what it would have been to park in one of these lots.

I do not knowvery much about parking in Ft Lauderdale but i think hte others have covered that..... I have 2 friends that work on that ship that you are going on and i was wondering if you would say hi to them for me. If that would be possible could you please emial me at SimmonsCheer06@aim.com and i will send you a picture of them. If you could do that it would be greatly appreiciated.......THank you so much ~

Great deal for Amerisuites on valuetrips.com. We got a night's stay for $69. Free parking for the entire cruise and a free shuttle to the port (short shuttle as they are right there!!) Since the parking at the port is $12 a day, it's like they are paying us to stay with them and park in their lot!! ;)

Great deal for Amerisuites on valuetrips.com. We got a night's stay for $69. Free parking for the entire cruise and a free shuttle to the port (short shuttle as they are right there!!) Since the parking at the port is $12 a day, it's like they are paying us to stay with them and park in their lot!! ;)

How often does the shuttle drop off / pick up? Has anyone used the valuetrips.com website. This deal seems too good to be true.

If the shuttle happens to be free at the moment, might as well save the cab fare, in my book. Although I'm not opposed to springing for the cab if there is any wait!! As said, it is so close!!

If there is any doubt about valuetrips.com, you can get the phone # for Amerisuites and verify your reservations. And give them a call, they will also verify about the free parking during your cruise. Please don't take our word for it--check it out for yourself!!

I didn't know you couldn't call Amerisuites for a pick-up from the port. Has anyone tried that and they wouldn't pick you up??

I didn't know you couldn't call Amerisuites for a pick-up from the port. Has anyone tried that and they wouldn't pick you up??

The driver told me they don't do pickups unless you're checking in. I didn't know that when he picked me up at the airport and I told him I was just picking up my car. Appreciated the info and tipped well.

Arlene

If there is any doubt about valuetrips.com, you can get the phone # for Amerisuites and verify your reservations. And give them a call, they will also verify about the free parking during your cruise. Please don't take our word for it--check it out for yourself!!

I understand I could verify the reservation with Amerisuites but valuetrips.com would already have my cc information by then.

I understand I could verify the reservation with Amerisuites but valuetrips.com would already have my cc information by then.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your concern. I guess I still don't?? :confused: Are you thinking they are a bogus site and not real? Or they are corrupt and would steal your cc info? Or..?? something worse?? :eek: I guess I'm really trusting. I book travel and hotels all the time online and never really gave it a thought that there might be a problem. I always figure that I'm using my credit card and I can always complain to the cc company and they will fix it right up! Sorry that I didn't understand your question.

Barbara :confused:

Beach710: I've used valuetrips website to book Amerisuites and I always call the hotel directly to confirm my reservation -- I do this no matter what hotel we stay at or what site I book through, even if it's directly with the hotel -- and haven't had any problem.

They have a little book at the registration desk for you to fill in the make and model of your car so they know who's car is in the lot. I also let them know when we're leaving.

We take the shuttle to the port, but a cab back to the hotel. The cab ride was inexpensive. Oh, just one other word of advice -- get a porter to carry your bags through customs. They get through the line much quicker and will find you a cab.

Thanks Marly for the explanation / advice about the porter.

TotallyAddicted I can't say that I am as cautious as I should be - but I don't like giving out my cc number unless it's a well known - Orbitz, Expedia, ect or recommended site that people have used. Sorry if I sounded alittle negative. These boards are the best place for advice.

Thanks to everyone!

Thanks Marly for the explanation / advice about the porter.

TotallyAddicted I can't say that I am as cautious as I should be - but I don't like giving out my cc number unless it's a well known - Orbitz, Expedia, ect or recommended site that people have used. Sorry if I sounded alittle negative. These boards are the best place for advice.

Thanks to everyone!

No problem. I found Valuetrips.com on this site last year. Was very helpful!

How often does the shuttle drop off / pick up? Has anyone used the valuetrips.com website. This deal seems too good to be true.

We stayed at the Amerisuites, and are going to stay there again. Great parking deal. Good luck getting on one of those shuttles. I would just wait at the hotel until around a god hour into embarkation, to avoid the really long wait, call a cab, and then go. You'll be on the ship faster without the long wait at the terminal. If the ship starts loading at 1. We wait until 2 to get there and you are on in about half an hour. Last time we called a cab and left at 11. What a zoo. The pull through at the hotel was chaotic and the shuttles were full. We are just going to wait this year.

We just returned today from 10 days on the Sun Princess. Booked Amerisuites on valuetrips.com for $69 for the night before the cruise. Great place to stay! Just tell them at the desk that you are leaving your car during your cruise and they have a book at the front desk to put your license number, etc. so they know it's in the lot. Another couple that went with us did the same thing. That evening we drove over to the "Fifteenth Street Fisheries" for dinner. Left our car there (as it is a short drive from the hotel). Caught the water taxi and went to the dueling piano bar "Howl At the Moon" at the Beach Place. Stayed later than the water taxi goes so we just took a cab back to the Fisheries. Had a wonderful evening!! A beautiful ride on the water taxi at night!!

Drove to the port the next morning to drop our luggage about 10:30am. The guys dropped us girls off also and we sat on the park benches outside the terminal until the guys returned on the Amerisuites shuttle about 11am. About 11:15am Princess people came out and asked all those in line that were platinum and elite members to come on in so we moved right through the line and on into the building. Within about 15 minutes we were on the ship.

We're very thankful for the info we've gotten on this board!! For $69 we stayed the night before our cruise and had a wonderful evening, got a free shuttle to the port, parked for the 10 night cruise which would be $120 in the Port Parking garage! Aren't the Cruise Critic boards wonderful!!!! Our cruising is greatly enhanced with all the info on the boards!!! Thanks to all!!!

Barbara :D

Archived