Texting/Internet On Azura

cbjroms

We join Azura on Monday with our daughter and her friend who is a first time cruiser.

Can't remember how much an Internet package costs onboard and there do not seem to be any numbers on the P&O website. I seem to recall that there is a £30 package but wonder if someone out there can remember.

Also, what does it cost to send/receive a text onboard via the marine satellite?

Thanks

Chris

The text charges depend on your network. Check their roaming charges. O2 for example charge 40p to send a text and it's free to receive one. Your network will have a separate roaming rate for airplane/ship networks.

No idea about internet charges though sorry.

The internet packages start at £35 for 100 minutes - if you pay in advance you get no "connection" fee of £2.50 and also get amother 20 minutes free. On embarkation day they usually do a special offer , again adding on an extra 20 minutes. You can also PAYG i.e. Pay per minute but that works out very expensive. Not sure of the cost.

There are quite often special offers throughout the cruise eg, spend 10 minutes on line and get an extra 10 minutes free....but only if you stay on line for the extra 10 minutes.

I'm not sure if it varies with your network but EE told me " you have connected to a maritime network. Calls cost £2/ min to make and receive. Texts 0.50 pic message 0.40. " Hope that helps.

Edited by Mysticalmother

We join Azura on Monday with our daughter and her friend who is a first time cruiser.

Can't remember how much an Internet package costs onboard and there do not seem to be any numbers on the P&O website. I seem to recall that there is a £30 package but wonder if someone out there can remember.

Also, what does it cost to send/receive a text onboard via the marine satellite?

Thanks

Chris

It is always always always better to not be connected to the world until you are in ports.

Then it can cost from nothing (3) from quite a few places in Europe to £2 a day for unlimited text/calls or £4 a day for data (ee).

Check with the phone provider before going -on their website what the charges will be for roaming.