Booked a room and now its cheaper

Z0LIN

Please don't bash me, I tried searching but I couldn't find anything recent....

I am just curious.... I booked my sept 20th breakaway cruise back in May.... I jumped on it because of the free UBP upgrade.... Didn't think it would last but here it is in Aug and its still being promoted... go figure.... Anyways... right now the room is about $600 cheaper ($300 a person) with the UBP..

I am just wondering if anyone has any recent experiences with being able to cancel and rebook or if NCL would consider an upgrade...

Any experience? Thanks in advance

Happens every day.

Call them and ask. You are entitled to nothing per your contract, but some folks get a few bucks OBC. Some folks get nothing.

You can cancel, according to the cancelation schedule listed on your confirmation document, and rebook, sure.

You may be able to upgrade -- I have done this in the past. This will probably be more successful than calling up crying about how you want today's lower rate with no penalty...

Edited by triptolemus

You probably won't be able to get any refund or OBC, but you might be able to upgrade your cabin to whichever category is currently selling for $300 more than you paid. I've been able to do this in the past.

Happens every day.

Call them and ask. You are entitled to nothing per your contract, but some folks get a few bucks OBC. Some folks get nothing.

You can cancel, according to the cancelation schedule listed on your confirmation document, and rebook, sure.

You may be able to upgrade -- I have done this in the past. This will probably be more successful than calling up crying about how you want today's lower rate with no penalty...

Unless I read it wrong, they leave in less than one month, so cancelling would not be a good thing.

Just booked for the Epic on the 20th Sep to join friends and got an excellent cabin filler deal on a Family Balcony mini M2 with Ultimate Dining Package thrown in for £649 .. (I can only think this is an off peakish time - no school hols in Europe & UK (thank god))

As the Friends had paid significantly more and paid for the Dining I was quite reluctant to tell them but they went ahead and looked.

They decided nothing was lost in making a call and they got the dining refunded and added for free but NCL wouldnt budge on anything else.

Its just the way it works.. You could play the waiting game and end up in a cabin from hell or no cruise at all.

• 11 months later...
Unless I read it wrong, they leave in less than one month, so cancelling would not be a good thing.

We booked it a month ago, we sail November and February

Sorry wrong thread

Edited by lynsteve