Celebrity 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

Rie Rie

Hello,

My husband and I have booked this cruise and were wondering if anyone out there has been on this cruise and could comment on the low energy excursions like the carriage rides, how much walking at the Miyan Ruins (?) and then helicopter rides. We are not beach people so not really interested in those low energy excursions unless there is one where you can ride a horse along the beach - I've always wanted to do that. LOL

Would love to get some feedback. Have a wonderful evening!

We did that cruise 2 years ago. It was very good.

There are lots of excursion choices and many of them, low energy. The Mayan ruins is not low energy and it can be very hot. There will be lots of walking on pathways.

We chose to just do walkabouts in the port towns. In the Caymans we took the submarine ride and it was very interesting.

Cartagena was very nice as well but we took a private tour and it was well worth it as we saw things before the bus crowds got there.

In Panama we took the ship offering of a train ride to Panama city and bus back. Low energy and very nice.

I was unsure of the private tour offering so we took ships tours mostly.

Carriage ride around Cartagena was really nice. Saw lots. Carriages comfortable and clean. Also stopped the vendors from pestering you too much. There have been reports of mistreatment of some horses by certain companies so if you decide to do this independently check on the Internet.

In Peurto Limon we did the canal boat ride and plantation tour. We saw lots of wildlife including sloths and cappuccino monkeys. We did this through Celebrity and the guides and boats were very good. We talked to a couple in the bar later who had done this independently and had a poor guide and dirty boat so if you do decide to look at independent tours again check the Internet first.

The canal tour is a long day but if you haven't done it before it is worth the effort. We have done this cruise before so on a few ports of call we had a lazy day on board and enjoyed the empty pool area.

We have independently booked helicopter tours before but not at these destinations. If you look on the net I am sure you will find something. No idea on the horse riding!

Have a great cruise!

Take a look at the list of excursions offered under 'My Celebrity' for your sailing. We did the 11 day on Equinox last Nov and have friends going this yr, who said many of the tours have changed from the booklet I gave them from last yr.

Hello,

My husband and I have booked this cruise and were wondering if anyone out there has been on this cruise and could comment on the low energy excursions like the carriage rides, how much walking at the Miyan Ruins (?) and then helicopter rides. We are not beach people so not really interested in those low energy excursions unless there is one where you can ride a horse along the beach - I've always wanted to do that. LOL

Would love to get some feedback. Have a wonderful evening!

If I may, what is your sail date? You will probably want to join your roll call thread if you haven't already. :)