Sunshine boarding: what's the earliest we can show up without FTTF?

kay1864

We can take a shuttle that arrives Port Canaveral at 1015-1030, or one that arrives at 1115-1130. (if the latter, we hang around at the airport an extra hour)

If we take the earlier one, will be waiting outside the terminal until 11 or so anyway before we can even get in the security line?

When does the line normally open for non-FTTF people? Sunshine has a 4pm departure.

Edited by kay1864

I don't really know the answer to your question, but I would think waiting in the air conditioned airport might be better than waiting on the curb in the heat. Then again, the port may have an area inside where you can wait for processing to open. I'm just not familiar enough with the departure port. I hope that was a little helpful anyway. Have fun on your cruise!

You can get to the terminal around 10ish or so. They will not be finished debarking the previous cruise, but they will let you in, and or start processing the next cruise. You may have to sit in the waiting room awhile, especially since they board Diamond, Platinum, FTTF and weddings first. We had FTTF on the Sunshine on our last two cruises, and group 1 and/or two were called right after we got up the top of the stairs from the lobby. The photographers were holding people up, but a lot of people were just walking past them eager to board.

Do the early one, Id rather sit in the area past security, than wait standing up in a long line. We normally show up around 10:30ish and haven't had a problem. The lines were already open. It was a bit hectic waiting for all our party to get there with people debarking, but we dealt with it. I focus on being extra patient that day! :)

Carnival Dream, Fantasy, and Liberty. Next up? The SUNSHINE!!!!