Tour In Boston

luvs

We are arriving into Boston September 19, 2015 and would like to do a tour after our cruise on HAL. The Veendam offers a tour that takes you around town and to airport. I want to find one where you can actually get off at a couple of places. My mother in law and mother both use walkers and canes so they are not very mobile. We would take the hop on/off trolley but do not know what to do with luggage. Any ideas?

How do I do the luggage direct?

Far earlier in the cruise than you want to think about it, you will be sent a "Disembarkation Questionnaire" to be completed and submitted to the Front Office.

On that form is an area where you can sign up for "Luggage direct". There is an additional charge (worth it at twice the price, if you ask me).

If your request is approved (not all are, and if not, you'll never know why), you will be given special baggage tags to attach to your suitcases. You leave those cases outside the last night, and don't see them again until you pick them up at the baggage claim in your final destination airport (hopefully! :D).

You would still have your carry-ons to tote along behind you when you went off for the day, though.

DO NOT decide to rent a car in Boston and drive around on your own.

Hi

As Ruth said Do not rent a car in Boston. If your lucky and get a parking sport it will cost you. I live in Boston area. Streets are one way and you will be stuck in traffic they are few signs to point you in the direction you want to go. Did you stat in a hotel in Boston before the cruise? You might ask if they will hold your bags until you pick them up later. Good luck

Mary

Thank you ladies! I wish Luggage Direct was a for sure thing and I did not have to worry about the bags, but I will give it a try and hope for the best, if not I will take the Boston Tour/Airport Shuttle and be happy with what we can see. I wish that I would have stayed overnight but I needed to be home by Sunday morning. Our flight leaves Boston at 4:35pm the Saturday the ship arrives in port.

You can use the Rowes Wharf water taxi from the cruise terminal to the Downtown Boston waterfront, do some sight-seeing, and then take the water taxi to the airport dock, and the airport free shuttle bus to your airport terminal.

The advantage of using the water taxi is that they offer luggage storage at their Rowes Wharf location. However, I don't know whether there are any tour bus stops close to any of the water taxi dock locations.

I agree with the suggestion that you avoid renting a car.