Freedom of the Seas Questions

This will be our first cruise in 19 years and our first on RCI. I have the following questions:

1. Does Freedom of the Seas have self-serve laundry services (a Laundromat) so that I can do my own laundry, if needed, while on board. If yes, do you know the cost per load to wash and dry?

2. This time when we cruise, we will have our children with us, the oldest being 18. Since we live in the United States, I understand that he will not be able to drink alcohol while on the ship. However, what are the rules for drinking (and drinking age) when we are at Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Marteen?

Thank you for all of your input!

This will be our first cruise in 19 years and our first on RCI. I have the following questions:

1. Does Freedom of the Seas have self-serve laundry services (a Laundromat) so that I can do my own laundry, if needed, while on board. If yes, do you know the cost per load to wash and dry?

2. This time when we cruise, we will have our children with us, the oldest being 18. Since we live in the United States, I understand that he will not be able to drink alcohol while on the ship. However, what are the rules for drinking (and drinking age) when we are at Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Marteen?

Coco Cay will go by ship rules so you have to be 21. In St Thomas and St Maarten the drinking age is 18 on the islands.

No, unfortunately Royal Caribbean doesn't offer self serve laundry on any of their ships. It's a real shame too, as I'm usually left wearing clothes that could use ironing, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay for pressing.

Coco Cay will be the same drinking age as the ship, since it's Royal's private island. The drinking age in St Thomas and St Maarten is 18 according to Google. But like many of the Caribbean islands, I've never seen it being heavily enforced, if at all.

Coco Cay is owned by Royal Caribbean so the drinking age there is also 21. In St. Thomas it's 18 and in St. Maarten (not St. Marteen. No such place) it's also 18.

I've never had any trouble using the ship's laundry. We always do several days into the cruise so things can be re-worn. I'm talking shorts, shirts, underwear, pants - not expensive items. I would not send something expensive to the shop's laundry. Therefore if something happens, it's not a real problem.