Anyone been on Carnival Spirit from Sydney?

Dixie24

Debating between taking a European cruise on Vista or a cruise from Sydney on Spirit next summer. Leaning toward Spirit as the AUD-USD exchange rate is very favorable right now. Has anyone done it before? Wondering if there were many differences between Carnival's product in Australia vs. the US.

I haven't cruised Carnival out of Sydney yet, but will be in December. :D

Differences I have noticed just from reading here... no alcohol packages here in Australia due to a commitment to responsible service of alcohol. And gratuities are included in your fare.

I haven't cruised Carnival out of Sydney yet, but will be in December. :D

Differences I have noticed just from reading here... no alcohol packages here in Australia due to a commitment to responsible service of alcohol. And gratuities are included in your fare.

Did you just book it on the Carnival Australia website? I couldn't find a number for people from the US to call.

• 2 months later...

Hi, i'm new, first post. I'm in Australia. We are going on Spirit next year for the first time. Spirit is based here year round now, and my understanding is it has been 'Aussiefied', things like canging the power points, bars and pubs more like Aussie ones, and onboard currency is Aus dollars. No alcohol packages onboard, but there is bottomless bubbles package, soft drinks and juice.

Our summer is December to February, it can be stinking hot. Eg, if you are heading to the islands, december is the hottest month, high 30's C. Winter here is mild, daytime highs of 16-19 C in sydney. Winter is June to August inc, and winter in places like Fiji, is still warm, daytime highs there around 25celcius. Hope that helps.

No Bon voyage or FTTF....also when we looked at booking it seemed our Gold status was not carried over to CCL Australia. Not sure if anything has changed as we looked in January.

Tips included though which is fab.

We didn't book in the end because of air fares but would love to sail from Sydney.