bringing box wine onboard?

tango55

Hi there. Just checking to see if anyone has any experiences - good or bad - bring boxed wine onboard in your carry on luggage since the new liquid restrictions?

I've asked John Heald but haven't received any response. We're from Canada and have a favourite we usually bring and haven't had any problems in the past but wondering if things have changed?

Thanks Terry

I always put a box in my checked luggage, wrapped in a garbage bag, of course.;)

We've been lucky and it always gets through.

I've read about people that have actually WRAPPED it up like a gift to ensure it gets through.:eek:

Last cruise DH and DD played a little trick on me. I went to Lido to grab something, and my suitcase came while I was gone.

I began unpacking and it wasn't there.:mad::mad:

I began to freak out and then they pulled it out from under the bed.

Well played......:D:D

No experience since the rule change.

However I think it is important to note, in the past if a bottle of wine or alcohol was found it was held until you disembarked. Now the rule clearly states says "confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided."

So before you had nothing to lose but now if it is found you are out the cost of the bottle.

Hoping this doesn't change!:eek::eek:

They say the cardboard box doesn't show up on the x-ray machine:D:D

Here's to hoping that's true!!!!

who says a cardboard box doesnt show up on the x-ray? must have found that on the internet cause anything found on the internet must be true. :rolleyes:

So nobody has brought box wine on, in their carry on since the rule change?

I understand if they find it in your checked they can confiscate - but if it's in your checked don't they hold it til the end?

Terry

So nobody has brought box wine on, in their carry on since the rule change?

I understand if they find it in your checked they can confiscate - but if it's in your checked don't they hold it til the end?

Terry

they dont hold anything anymore. even in checked luggage. if they decide you cant bring it on, you have to bring it back to your car or they will throw it away for you.

whether carry on or checked luggage, they dont hold it anymore

who says a cardboard box doesnt show up on the x-ray? must have found that on the internet cause anything found on the internet must be true. :rolleyes:

I read it on CC, so it MUST be true!:D:rolleyes:

Taking my chances, and will continue to do so.

No worries. Carnival still gets about $800-900 out of us for booze.

We like to drink when on vacation.;)

they dont hold anything anymore. even in checked luggage. if they decide you cant bring it on, you have to bring it back to your car or they will throw it away for you.

whether carry on or checked luggage, they dont hold it anymore

Really?

That's not my understanding.

Do you have a Carnival page to reference?

My understanding was that original, unopened, sealed containers they just held until the end of the cruise.

How would you 'bring it back to your car' if you go to the naughty room after you've sailed?

gary

Really?

My understanding was that original, unopened, sealed containers they just held until the end of the cruise.

How would you 'bring it back to your car' if you go to the naughty room after you've sailed?

gary

Drinking Alcohol On Board

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop Staff are in question that the guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. For cruises starting on or after July 9, 2015, a change to our Liquor and Beverage Policy will take effect where guests will no longer be allowed to bring on board water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages packaged in bottles. Additionally, any confiscated items will also be discarded.

bringing it back to your car was in case you were stopped when you had it in your carryon

Edited by hftmrock

Really?

gary

You have the option of taking back to your car if you try to carry it on (as all alcohol is supposed to be taken this way). If found in your checked baggage it goes in the trash.

Really?

gary

You go before you sail. I've had an item confiscated and it was caught early and way before sailing.