Miracle embarkation time?

KatieBug28

Hey all!

Quick question: does anyone know what time check in and embarkation start for the Miracle out of Long Beach? I was just reading the FAQ on Carnival's website, and it said check in is from 1-3:30 p.m. That seemed really late to me!

We have FTTF, so assuming we'll want to be there earlier. It seems like when we did the Splendor last time we were there around 11 a.m. and walked right on. Would love to do that again!

It's dependent upon several factors - when ship returns from previous cruise, how quickly Customs clears the ship, potential unexpected maintainance requirements, current weather issues in area affecting cruise timetables.

Best that can be done is just what you have done: estimate when Carnival will commence check-in and boarding based on past performance at that port.

Arrive when you want to arrive, especially with FTTF.

We had FTTF on the Miracle this past April, and even though the email I received prior to embarkation day suggested arriving between 1:30-3:00, we arrived at the port around 11:30. There were only 6 people ahead of us (1 family of 5, 1 single passenger) and 2 guest service representatives working the FTTF line. Filled out all the necessary paperwork the night before & we were checked in about 10 mins after getting in line. We boarded right before 12 noon, dropped off our carry-ons in our cabin (despite being told rooms wouldn't be ready until after 1:30) and had our first drink in hand by 12:15!! Loved having the time to explore the ship & have lunch without the crowds.

I just sailed on the Miracle last week and usually I can get onboard around 11AM, however; on this day they started boarding diamonds, platinum, and suite passengers around 1PM, followed by FTTF passengers. Pretty late, but it was a special case. I heard that the Coast Guard was doing one of their thorough searches that week.