Itinerary change for the Getaway 8/29/2015!

critsister

I'm new to this, but can you tell me how you were notified? We are booked on the following weeks Getaway cruise so just want to keep an eye...wishing you a great cruise even with a changed itinerary, it will still be great I'm sure!

Tropical Storm Erika

Updated August 27, 2015 - 5:30 PM EST

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company has been closely monitoring Tropical Storm Erika and will be adjusting itineraries for Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Sky, to ensure our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Getaway’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 29 will now call in Cozumel, Mexico on Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Nassau, Bahamas on Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Norwegian Gem’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 29 will call on the Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda arriving on Monday at 8 am and remaining until Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Norwegian Sky’s itinerary for her sailing departing on August 28 will now call in Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Key West, Florida on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

SO glad this didn't happen to us a couple of weeks ago. Had a family group of 11 with great excursions booked! As it is we are on the Oasis Saturday but doing the Western so we should be okay. In any case, we're chilling this cruise (no excursions booked) so we can always find a beach somewhere! Enjoy your cruise everyone!

We just got off the Getaway. We were told when we got to the port about the change. We picked this cruise for tortilla. Guess we'll have to book again:D

Well if you chose it for the tortillas, you should have been abundantly happy going to Cozumel. (I kid. :D)

I'm guessing you meant Tortola (damn you auto-correct!).

Edited by tarps14

We just got off the Getaway cruise that was diverted last week. No forewarning.

You have to rebook all new NCL tours yourself once you get on board.

I think the diversion caught everybody off guard including the port tour operators. Other ships must have had the same diversion and it overwhelmed the port tour operators because the logistical support from them was terrible.

In Nassau we waited 2 hrs on the dock before our tour boat arrived. It was pretty hot on that dock with minimal shade and people were suffering. The land side coordinator was terribly unorganized and ignorant - even dismissive. I'd have fired her it was so ridiculous. They didn't even offer water during the delay.

Then she marched us all off to the tour boat without a care of keeping the tour group together as she marched us through the throngs emerging from 2 other ships. She was a total incompetent.

The tour boat finally arrived but they didn't put bumpers down between the boat and the dock and tie off. The tour boat was jostling and a kid fell down the gap between the boat and the dock. It was terrifying. Everybody jumped to push the boat away from the dock and stop it from killing the kid. He was yanked up bruised and shaken but was relatively unscathed. Nevertheless - a completely unprofessional group of amateurs and incompetents all around.

The tour returned to the ship on time of course with no apologies for the lost 2 hrs or poor treatment.

Cozumel was much the same. 4 ships all arriving at the same time. Their dock facilities simply aren't up to it logistically and people suffered in the heat.

Edited by nnc0