A few miscellaneous Coz questions

YoureMoving

Hi all,

We're departing Ft Lauderdale in 2 weeks on Empress of the Seas and will be in Cozumel on Saturday, October 8. Our ship does not arrive in port until 1:00 p.m., so my first question is about a snorkeling excursion. The other couple traveling with us would like to go snorkeling when we arrive (hubby and I are headed straight to PB then for some R and R!), but I see that most of the tours leave in the morning. I was looking into the October special for Zorro Catamaran and snorkeling, which sounds great, but goes from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Does anyone know if they do another tour later in the day, or how I can contact them? I found the info on the tour on Cozumelinsider.com, but can't find a link to contact them directly. If there's not one later in the day, does anyone have a suggestion for an operator that does an afternoon snorkeling tour? We'd prefer to book privately rather than through the ship, if possible.

I read another post that talked about problems with returning a rental car during siesta between 1 and 3 p.m. Will we have a problem renting a car during that time? Any suggestions for car rental companies? We were thinking about Less Pay but don't know where it is, or how to get there from International pier where we'll be docked.

How far is downtown San Miguel from International? We plan to spend the first four hours or so at PB, then go to the ship to shower and change, and then meet our friends and head into San Miguel for shopping and dinner. Sound like a good plan? We're in port until 10 p.m.

I ordered the map from Cozumelmaps.com, so we should get a better idea then, but I'm looking for recommendations in the meantime. Thanks!

Gina

Mayan Paradise is running 2 trips a day beginning in November- 930a and 130p departures from downtown on the Maria del Mar.

There is a Zorro trip but for Sep/Oct it is departing at 11am so you won't be here early enough to take it.

Less Pay is open all day from 8a-8p (no siesta) they are a short taxi ride from the pier- but you can get a deal with AVIS and save taxi money and time since they are located at the International Pier-

PB is about a 15 minute drive/ride South of the pier.

Archived