Please recommend Princess excursions in Barbados, Antigua, or St. Lucia

apple

Hi all!

I know that I can get more information in the 'Port' section, and I've looked there. However, I love advice from fellow Princess lovers. Any suggestions as to MUST do excursions in Barbados, Antigua, or St. Lucia? Thanks in advance!!!

We go to the St. Lucian Hotel in St. Lucia, lovely beach, water activities, small shops. Cab ride from the Pier, always a cab waiting at the hotel to take you back to the ship. About a 20 min. ride. The Royal Antiquan Hotel in Antiqua is beautiful. Also a cab ride and your cab driver going will take you back to the ship if you make arrangements with him. Lovely beach, no vendors, you can't use the pool, that is for the hotel guests.

If they still offer the Land and Sea excursion in St. Lucia, it is great. We started off in the am on a catamaran and stopped to swim and snorkle. When you are sailing along the coastline, the Pitons come into view and it is almost like being in the South Pacific. It is beautiful. We docked and got into a minivan which took us to beautiful botanical gardens, waterfall and inactive volcano. After that, we went to an open air luncheon buffet which was great. A bus took us back to the ship for the return trip through the rainforest and we were able to drive through a banana plantation. The tour guide was full of great information. It was a little bit of everything combined into one excursion. The Jolly Roger was a lot of fun in Barbados but we didn't get to see much of the island. Lots of rum and dancing and swimming.

if you like snorkeling and learning alot about the history, environment, etc. - Eli's Eco tour in Antigua is a wonderful experience. He's so knowledgeable and interesting - its an all day tour and well worth the money.

I agree that the 5 star catamaran & land & sea catarmaran excursion were the best. Just be careful if you do the eco kayaking in Antiqua. While we were doing this in a mangrove, I was bit by some type of black bug. Part of my hand swelled up. Lasted at least 24 hrs. Next time I would definitely use bug spray while there. Very buggy country.

Minette

Caribbean Princess......7/24/2004

Island Princess.......12/20/2004

Apple - It has been talked to death on the Ports section, but the Jungle Tour in St Lucia is FABULOUS! I believe their web site is jungletours.com or something similiar. We had a young man named Shel as our guide. 6 of us in an open jeep toured the collapsed volcano, hiked back to a heated waterfall, took mud baths, swam, drove to The Pitons (NOT to be missed!) had lunch, drove to the rain forest, stopped at small village stops for fruits, handmade bread,etc etc. The entire day including lunch and all the beer and rum punch and bottled water we wanted was $70.00 per person. We highly reccommend it!!

Celebrity Century-eastern carribean-2001 icon_smile.gif

Celebrity Constellation-2002icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Princess Coral-Panama Canal-Dec 2003 icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Golden Princess-Southern Exotic Caribbean-Oct. 2004

It just keeps getting better

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;24;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

In Barbados do the 4x4 Jeep ride. It takes you all over the island. Very entertaining and interesting. You also get to go out on a catamaran for snorkeling and lunch. Plus you are suppose to go swim with the turtles. For some reason they did not do this with us in Jan-03, so we got money back. But the trip is very worth the price.

As for St. Lucia, my husband and father went golfing. They really liked the course. My mom and I went dolphin and whale watching. We only saw one whale, but there were a number of dolphins and flying fish. It was very relaxing and peaceful. You get to go right by the Pitons. We then went to the straw hat village. Very intersting. I had a local ask to buy my flip flops off of me, for his daughter. I declined, but thought it was funny.

Shawna

Archived