Elation or Fascination in January? Help!

Vigorosity

Two of my best friends and I are taking a cruise in January. But I need help deciding between the Elation and Fascination. The price is about the same, they are both five days, and the drive is about the same aswell.

I'm mostly worried about the ship, weather, and activities. I went on the Fascination about four or five years ago and loved it, though.

I know that we would have more fun in New Orleans (at a cost).

Can you help me decide???

I like the Mexican ports Elation visits better than the Bahamas. Elation does not have Waterworks, so if water slides are important chose Fascination. Anytime I have a chance to go on a ship I've never sailed I would take it.

have sailed the Fascination three times and the Elation twice...loved the decor on the Elation....but our grandkids loved the waterworks on the Fascination:):):) Ships are the same class...so maybe go with the better itinerary for you?

The temperatures in Mexico will be nicer, I too cruise both ships, and am doing the Elation in January, because this is an excellent time to explore the Mayan ruins, not too hot when wandering around. The Fascination has better cabins, the Elation has beautiful public spaces. To me, it too would depend on what you want to do in ports. It is less expensive to sail from Jacksonville, because you have to have some fun in NOLA when you get there.:) This is our second Elation trip, and we have planned to stay in NOLA for a few days after embarking,

have fun, both cruises are a good time, I will say one thing, the crowd on the Elation in January was a bit older than the crowd on the Fascination in December. If that matters, it was a bit quieter.