Second time around on the Epic........good choice! :)

meltingmoments

Lovely to hear from you Melting!!

So a Bank Holiday and then I guess education again!!! It's almost that time again. In this part of France schools go back on Tuesday.

Pity the teachers........but great for the beaches!!!

Bon courage et bon chance

deeko

Oh my!! And just when I was thinking what a nice person you were.....you go and remind me I am back at school on Tuesday!! :eek: ;)

I love the quote....pity the teachers but great for the beaches! :) By this time next week, those beaches will be a distant memory........till I start planning my next trip! :)

Hello again. Just had a great time looking at your excellent photos of many places we have been.

Thanks again for the opportunity to see them.......also discovered your other pseudonym.....

In your very first instalment you referred to the "accessible cabin". I think that was also on the Epic. We may be travelling with someone who would find climbing over into a bath a bit hazardous. Do you know if only accessible cabins have "showers" not shower over bath.

Wow you are expected to know everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And btw, I am a nice guy......some of our friends are/were teachers...and I know the energy, patience, and endurance needed......and the good humour. Roll on Christmas lol

deeko

I really enjoyed this. Eight months is much too long to wait until our Escape cruise. Can't wait until the days we can cruise more often! Thanks for putting me on a ship for a while.

Aww glad you enjoyed it! Thank-you.

8 months will soon go by, but we are like you.....waiting for the day that we can cruise more often!

Enjoy your Escape when it comes around. :)

Hello again. Just had a great time looking at your excellent photos of many places we have been.

Thanks again for the opportunity to see them.......also discovered your other pseudonym.....

In your very first instalment you referred to the "accessible cabin". I think that was also on the Epic. We may be travelling with someone who would find climbing over into a bath a bit hazardous. Do you know if only accessible cabins have "showers" not shower over bath.

Wow you are expected to know everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And btw, I am a nice guy......some of our friends are/were teachers...and I know the energy, patience, and endurance needed......and the good humour. Roll on Christmas lol

deeko

Hello deeko,

Glad to know people are enjoying our photos.......it makes it worthwhile spending the time uploading and sorting them. :)

Yes, that accessible cabin was on our first Epic trip, but from my (limited) knowledge, I believe that the only cabins that have a bath are the mini-suites.

We were once allocated a mini-suite as an upgrade and I had to refuse it as I have RA and struggle getting in and out of a bath. And I believe spa balcony cabins have a shower over a small bath.

Our cabin on this Epic trip had the walk-in shower, separate toilet and sink in the actual cabin area.

PS......I hope you know I was teasing when I said I thought you were a nice guy.....I believe you when you say you are! :)

And never mind roll on Christmas.......we have half-term in October here in Britain! ;)

• 6 months later...

Thanks for this review and all the feedback.

I'm about to book this cruise for this summer, July 10-17 with mom.

We will stay in Barcelona 2 nights prior to ships sailing as we really want to see it. I'm curious about tours as I want options and also don't want to pay a fortune but mom wants to stick with NCL tours. Anyone have reliable tour operators at these ports I can perhaps reach out to in advance?

Best,

Beth

Thanks for this review and all the feedback.

I'm about to book this cruise for this summer, July 10-17 with mom.

We will stay in Barcelona 2 nights prior to ships sailing as we really want to see it. I'm curious about tours as I want options and also don't want to pay a fortune but mom wants to stick with NCL tours. Anyone have reliable tour operators at these ports I can perhaps reach out to in advance?

Best,

Beth

Hi Beth and thank you for reading my review....and encouraging ME to re-read it on this wet and chilly British evening!

I'm afraid I can't help with independent tours, as the ones we did were with NCL........the main reason being that we have travelled in Italy in particular and public transport and traffic can be horrendous. I didn't want to risk being late back to the ship, and as you can see from my review, that almost happened on an NCL trip! :eek:

Lots of people, of course, do trips independently and I have heard/seen Rome in Limo mentioned a lot. In fact, I checked them out myself before our trip and they have great reviews. Sorry not to be of more help, but maybe ask your question in a new thread, you might get some better response then.

Enjoy your Epic trip and if I can be of any more help, please ask! :)

Loved your review! We were just off the Epic western Mediterranean feb 14 and had the best time. Like you we tried to experience everything offered. We decided before we left our driveway that this would be the best vacation ever and it was. I know it's a tired cliche but vacations are what you make of them!

Fiancé and I will be taking our first cruise on the epic in a short 205 days for our honeymoon. The review makes us feel like we made a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and what a fab way to spend your honeymoon, aboard the lovely Norwegian Epic! :)

I'm sure you will still feel like you made a good choice when the time arrives to cruise. Have a great time. :)

Loved your review! We were just off the Epic western Mediterranean feb 14 and had the best time. Like you we tried to experience everything offered. We decided before we left our driveway that this would be the best vacation ever and it was. I know it's a tired cliche but vacations are what you make of them!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed my review.

And I totally agree........vacations are indeed what you make of them and we thoroughly enjoyed our second Epic trip and are very glad we got the opportunity to sail her again. :)