Booking the Vista above all fun fare, UK. Can I apply for price drops?

cshellz

I am new to Carnival and have no idea really about OBC and price drops.

I have read a few threads to try and get my head around it but there are a few things I would be grateful if someone could explain.

I have booked the Vista above all fun fare which was cheaper than the flexible fare.

This is the disclaimer

Cruise rates are in Pounds Sterling (GBP), per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does includes Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Free upgrades are automatically assigned at the time of booking and are based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Offer is applicable on Carnival Vista Europe sailings between May 2016 and October 2016. Offer ends on September 18, 2015.

Does this mean I can't apply for price drops, OBC?

If I am able to apply, were is the paperwork that I need to complete found, is it a hard copy that I post or can I email.

In addition, I have booked two 8 day sailings B2B, because I had a voucher that could only be used though a specific TA I have booked one sailing through the TA, and one online independently.

Should the I expect the TA to sort out price drops if I contact them each time?

TIA

I live in the UK and when I noticed the price dropped a month or so ago, I emailed them and said the new price was less. They then sent me a new e mail booking confirmation showing the lower price. It was about £150 less so worth doing! I still keep an eye on the prices just in case it happens again!

I'm not familiar with that fare type (is that a UK-based fare type?), but generally speaking, price drops before final payment will reduce your balance owed, price drops after final payment will be issued as OBC.

For the sailing that you booked independently, you will need to submit the price drop request yourself. For the sailing booked thru your TA, your TA will need to submit the request.

I'm actually so glad to hear that - it used to be that UK folks couldn't get price protection, so I always used to book via the US site so I could get my Early Saver price drops, which was fine until I needed to speak to someone on their customer service line, and then the international call charges kicked in :rolleyes: But yay, that's great news!:)

I have double checked with Carnival and the fare is price protected so I can apply for any price drops.

Thats me checking the website every other day then :)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I called Carnival today and they told me only if it was on a Early Saver Rate and

They're wasn't any on my 6/8/16 Vista sailing.

Which fare are you booked on?

There were two fares listed flexible fares and Vista; above all fun.

The above all fun was the cheaper and was the one I booked, hence the reason I thought my fare wouldnt be eligible for price drops.

The call handler was unsure and went and asked his superviser, I am going to ring back tomorrow and ask them to email me confirmation. I will post whatever the outcome is.

I live in the UK and when I noticed the price dropped a month or so ago, I emailed them and said the new price was less. They then sent me a new e mail booking confirmation showing the lower price. It was about £150 less so worth doing! I still keep an eye on the prices just in case it happens again!

Ive just rang back and this time I was told no price drops, because in the T&C it say new bookings only, didnt really inderstand.

Its a bit disappointing to first be told one thing then the opposite the following day.

Planaholic, what fare have you booked? How did you apply for the price drop?

If I see one I may just complete the form and see what happens.

It's always worth an email to Carnival in the event that the price drops. I have done it twice so far with my Vista booking, and have had my price reduced by £300 in the process. That should pay for a few cocktails!!!

Which rate did you book? I would rather book in £'s than $. But not if I can't have price drops.

My understanding is if you book with Carnival UK no price drops whatsoever ever, unless you pay in dollars.

If you book on Carnival.com (U.S.) then you get the price drops up until final with most rates and up until 2 days with ES.

Unless things have changed.

On one cabin I booked directly with the U.S., they could only take the deposit in £'s which seemed most unusual.

Ive just rang back and this time I was told no price drops, because in the T&C it say new bookings only, didnt really inderstand.

Its a bit disappointing to first be told one thing then the opposite the following day.

Planaholic, what fare have you booked? How did you apply for the price drop?

If I see one I may just complete the form and see what happens.

Send a email off to Miami telling them about the poor customer service you have received, I am sure they may be able to help. It has worked for me in the past. As a result I always now book either with a U.S. tA or directly with carnival us.

Hi heatherbelle, all I did was e mail them and said I understood that if the price dropped, I was eligible for a refund and quoting the price I paid and the new price and, after a few days I received an e mail showing an updated booking confirmation with the new price. I didn't fill out any other forms, just an e mail to customer services.