Day visitors - non turnaround day

SuzyPaulB

If this was a US cruise I would say the general rule is "No" Mostly due to homeland security procedures. But in Europe, I am not sure if it is allowed or not. Best course of action would be to contact Carnival and ask them instead of relying on the possibly incorrect information you would get here.

In the U.S., I have read that is no longer allowed. However, when we were the second ones checking in in the Priority line on the Conquest in January, their computer wasn't working and we were given a visitor's pass to get on the ship with instructions to go immediately to GS and get our card. This was the Conquest's first trip out of Port Everglades. We were instructed by security to come back as soon as we got the regular cards. Security must have thought it was taking too long as they came to GS to check on us. There were several people that initially got on the boat with the tag marked visitor pass. I took a picture of the pass as I had never seen one.

I got the below info from Carnival's website. The "No Visitor" policy is also for ports of call. If I were you, I would make plans to meet off the ship, and spend the day together in Civiteveccia.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1384

Carnival has a "No Visitor" policy for the entire fleet. This applies to all ports of embarkation and ports of call. Guests sailing on our cruises will not be permitted to have visitors on board to see them off. This policy was implemented to improve our overall security program and enhance the on board experience for our guests during embarkation day.

The following exception applies to this policy:

• Wedding Guests attending a wedding ceremony/reception or visitors attending any type of party/reception onboard that has been previously arranged by the Bon Voyage/Wedding Services Department, will follow the policies stated by this Department.

Edited by deetrayn
Edit content