Caribbean Princess R. 746

sfsd

I know this cabin has a different shape balcony but I think I read that the cabin it self is set up different. Is it set up like one of the sideway cabins? Does it still have walkin closet by the bathroom? Thanks for any info !

I know this cabin has a different shape balcony but I think I read that the cabin it self is set up different. Is it set up like one of the sideway cabins? Does it still have walkin closet by the bathroom? Thanks for any info !

There have been several threads on this cabin because of the balcony.

I don't remember reading about the layout being different.

I believe the cabin is the same as the others.

If you search R746 at the top-right of the Princess forum main page there are a few threads.....

Here is one....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2079369&highlight=r746

Edited by Colo Cruiser

sfsd,

We had CB R746 this past March for a 5-day leg of multiple B2B trips.

As we were only in this room for 5-days, we did not fully unpack, so storage is somewhat fuzzy in my memory.

We pretty much ignored the cabin, reserving 'settling in' for the next legs of our trip in a different cabin.

I apologize for failing to take any pictures to share.

The steward explained that this cabin had been refitted from previous storage space, resulting in the different configuration.

You have already noted the balcony is a wing type found on many 746/747 cabins across several ships.

This cabin does have an alternate layout, in addition to the unique balcony.

The room layout is somewhat of a side entry, as the entry door is on the aft facing wall directly across the corridor from the door to R750.

The bed headboard is on the forward facing wall, across from the door. The bath was located in the fore/starboard corner of the room.

It had a hanging closet space you walked into to access the bath, but if I recall it was smaller than normal.

There was non-standard cabinet/counter space in the aft/port corner which is where the TV/fridge were located.

Typical desk space between bed-headboard and balcony door and a small bump-out occupied some space in the aft/port corner of the room where the chair and side table were placed.

The starboard side of the cabin had slightly more open floor space than a standard cabin, the space to port from the beds to balcony doors was more typical.

The cabin did feel more open than a normal standard balcony, but nothing remarkable aside from the cabinet configuration.

You should search, as Colo points out, is possible others may have posted pictures.

Was a fine room, with he entry door on the dead-end leg of the hall it eliminated any real traffic you would experience if on the main corridor.

Hope this helps some!

We stayed in R742 for two weeks last April. This is the neighboring cabin. i obviously can't shed light on the R746 interior layout. The previous poster seems to have done a good job of that. :) However, just be aware that when you are on your angled balcony you are kissing cousins with the R742 balcony. Both balconies have a clear and very close sight line to the other. It wasn't a big deal to us but it might be to others.

One other small issue we had and I can only assume it impacts R746 also. There was considerable vibration at times, including in the middle of the night. It wasn't loud and it didn't shake you out of the bed but it was noticeable. We speculated that it was due to the design of having Skywalkers overhang the stern instead of set back as it is on the newer ships. There was considerable vibration in Skywalkers and we figured it may have travelled down the supports and impacted our cabin. This was not a major issue but again I figured I'd give you a heads up.