NCL Spirit TransAtlantic April 23, 2016

britthunt

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. Don't think so. I am leaving just after my dissertation due date, so will only arrive the day before. However, I did buy a flexible ticket in case I finish my dissertation early and want to go to Disney for a day. Ha.

Will spend a few days in Barcelona at the end though. You? Going anywhere else in Europe or straight home from BCN?

No. Don't think so. I am leaving just after my dissertation due date, so will only arrive the day before. However, I did buy a flexible ticket in case I finish my dissertation early and want to go to Disney for a day. Ha.

Will spend a few days in Barcelona at the end though. You? Going anywhere else in Europe or straight home from BCN?

Wow! Congrats on the dissertation! What field?

We are planning to stay in Barcelona for 3 nights then Paris for a few nights and then are going to a training for a week outside of Madrid. Total of 2 weeks.

no congratulations yet. Still have plenty to do. (So naturally, I took a weekend off to come to Berlin) Hahaha.

It is in law. Specifically, comparing the common law system of tort with the reforms enacted in New Zealand. So please, feel free to look it up, learn all you like about it, and then, on the cruise, never mention anything about it! Hahaha. :p:D

I am staying in BCN until the 10th. Do you know where you are staying? Not sure where I will stay. Have stayed at Axel before, but feel it is a bit overpriced and not very nice experience. I thought about W, because I love the architecture of that one, but I feel like Ws always feel like night clubs. So I think I would either stay at the Pullman, (because I love Accor) or go to Sitges.

no congratulations yet. Still have plenty to do. (So naturally, I took a weekend off to come to Berlin) Hahaha.

It is in law. Specifically, comparing the common law system of tort with the reforms enacted in New Zealand. So please, feel free to look it up, learn all you like about it, and then, on the cruise, never mention anything about it! Hahaha. :p:D

I am staying in BCN until the 10th. Do you know where you are staying? Not sure where I will stay. Have stayed at Axel before, but feel it is a bit overpriced and not very nice experience. I thought about W, because I love the architecture of that one, but I feel like Ws always feel like night clubs. So I think I would either stay at the Pullman, (because I love Accor) or go to Sitges.

Interesting...we are going to a training class in Madrid comparing the US vs Spanish legal systems. We both work as court interpreters. It should be a cool workshop because we will get to go visit the courthouse.

We are staying in an airbnb apartment in the Eixample--I think it´s pretty close to the Axel. Yes, the Axel seemed a little overpriced for what it is. Have fun in Berlin!

Oh that's interesting. Spanish legal system is different for sure. I reckon it will be a fun experience.

I didn't think of AirBnB. But had a pretty bad experience with them my first time, so always a bit wary of them. Eixample certainly is the neighbourhood to be for a few days in BCN!

We are in 11166. Look forward to meeting you on board. We will be hanging out with some friends and their two kids who are moving to Spain. Hope to get a lot of reading done and love the prospect of being disconnected from the internet and cell phone. Should be a great cruise.

Yes indeed. Me too. (Although, as internet came with the room, I will try to check my email daily if it is possible, though from other comments, I am not sure if it will be available much of the time)

Must be very exciting for your friends to be moving. A cruise is surely an interesting way to do it. (At least no excess baggage fees!)

Looking forward to meeting you as well. As I said, on my own for the trip, so happy to make some friends. And as it is a post-dissertation/pre-exam trip, I think it will be a good chance to rest and relax. (And then a few days in Barcelona for the nude sunbathing to get a proper tan) Hahaha.

Eight of us on board (maybe 10, 2 dithering). I'm Rick. We're an older crowd but active and fun. I have a bar min Toronto and this is ma mix of staff and customers. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Hey Riknpat. That's great you are bringing a group. Look foward to meeting you all. What bar is it in Toronto? Maybe we have been.

Yes indeed. Me too. (Although, as internet came with the room, I will try to check my email daily if it is possible, though from other comments, I am not sure if it will be available much of the time)

Must be very exciting for your friends to be moving. A cruise is surely an interesting way to do it. (At least no excess baggage fees!)

Looking forward to meeting you as well. As I said, on my own for the trip, so happy to make some friends. And as it is a post-dissertation/pre-exam trip, I think it will be a good chance to rest and relax. (And then a few days in Barcelona for the nude sunbathing to get a proper tan) Hahaha.

There is a famous nude beach in St Martin as well. I believe it is called Orient Beach on the French side. Could be worth checking out.

There is a famous nude beach in St Martin as well. I believe it is called Orient Beach on the French side. Could be worth checking out.

Yeah. I saw that. I also saw that the ship has some excursions there, but very expensive. I mean, even going alone, I couldn't imagine taxis costing that much. (Though if anybody else is considering going, I am certainly not opposed to sharing taxis)

Yeah. I saw that. I also saw that the ship has some excursions there, but very expensive. I mean, even going alone, I couldn't imagine taxis costing that much. (Though if anybody else is considering going, I am certainly not opposed to sharing taxis)

We will probably be up for sharing a taxi. my email is jbritthunt@gmail.com

St. Maarten has w good cruise port with hold six or more ships including the big ones like Allure. At the end of the pier to the right is a welcome and tourist center and the cabs line up just the other side of that. Cabs are not luxurious but are in fairly good shape and the drivers are friendly. We always go to the French side for lunch and my recollection is that three of us in a cab was 20 euros total each way. You can make a deal with the drivers to take you just about anywhere. Although I have never taken a cab to one of the secluded beaches my only concern would be how to arrange the trip back. Probably not a cab stand at the nude beach. The only other problem will be crowding. It depends on the day but you can imagine that if five or six big ships all arrive within ninety minutes of each other and dump say 10,000 passengers ashore things will get a bit chaotic for awhile.

St. Maarten has w good cruise port with hold six or more ships including the big ones like Allure. At the end of the pier to the right is a welcome and tourist center and the cabs line up just the other side of that. Cabs are not luxurious but are in fairly good shape and the drivers are friendly. We always go to the French side for lunch and my recollection is that three of us in a cab was 20 euros total each way. You can make a deal with the drivers to take you just about anywhere. Although I have never taken a cab to one of the secluded beaches my only concern would be how to arrange the trip back. Probably not a cab stand at the nude beach. The only other problem will be crowding. It depends on the day but you can imagine that if five or six big ships all arrive within ninety minutes of each other and dump say 10,000 passengers ashore things will get a bit chaotic for awhile.

When I checked online, the nudist beach seems to be a resort. And there are several resorts and restaurants within walking distance. I would imagine it would be easy enough to ask somebody to call a cab. As for the morning rush, I would probably agree and would probably rather take a leisurely approach to the morning. (Have a nice breakfast, etc. first) As the beach is the only thing that really interests me on the island, I don't think I would be in a huge rush.