Canopy tour...how strenous are they?

Rebel

DH and I would like to take a canopy tour but are concerned it might be too strenous for us. Not too concerned about being in the harness and zipping along the cables but more concerned about having to climb up a ladder or something to get started.

We'll be in PV, Mazatlan, Acapulco and Zihauntenejo next month. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Rebel a/k/a Lynn

Hi Lynn, We did the Vallarta Adventures Canopy Tour - I don't recall climbing any ladder - believe it or not! To get started we may have climbed a few steps but definately not a 'ladder' to speak of - seems like we took-off from a slight hillside/incline. Nothing strenuous about that part for sure. However, once you have completed the last zip, and have rapeled down to the ground, there is quite a hike back to the starting point. It is somewhat uphill and with it being hot and humid it was rather exhausting! I'm certainly not in the best of shape though... - others may not have found it difficult at all. Hope this helps a bit... Jayna K

Jaynak, the DH and I booked this "adventure" for December. Did you enjoy it and did you buy any of the pictures/DVD? I thought the end would land you close to their restaurant…guess I should plan a hike before that cold one! How long was the trek approximately?

Hello Linda - yes we loved it! The trip there is part of the adventure -it is quite a trip thru the country in the back of a truck just to get there. Yes, we bought the DVD - it is expensive and then after you say 'yes' they mention shipping! I forget how much but I think it was over $60 canadian - but definately a memory.

The hike back was maybe 20min - their 'restaurant' is really only a snack bar - if that. They do offer cold bottled water and apples/crackers as part of the deal and they sell chips and choc. bars. Don't plan on eating anything substantial. The tour we were on was the Vallarta Adventures one booked thru the ship. The Los Verano's tour sounds much better facility wise from what I hear.

Would I do it again? Definately! I'll try to attach our PV album for you as there are some Zip pictures in it if you care to see them (starting with "Zipline1").

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=350246609

Jayna K

Los Veranos is really considered the best and safest canopy tour in PV. There is an uphill walk and a spiral staircase to get you to the first takeoff point. After that there are a few short uphill paths to take. You end up at their restaurant/bar that is also quite good. If you have any health issues you may want to skip a canopy tour - it can be strenuous in that case and also because it's usually pretty hot.

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/index.html

We did the canopy tour last APRIL and will be doing it again in FEB. There weren't any ladders to climb, but the walk to the different lines was tough on some of the people in our group. They did offer us water to drink about mid-way through the excursions, and a free drink at the end in the bar. We purchased the photos and the DVD, I think the DVD was about $40 and the photos were probably $6 -$8 approximately. We waited around for about 20 minutes for the DVD to be processed, so they wouldn't have to ship it to us. They have a small gift shop to browse in.

jaynak, The address put me at the main page and I could not see your photos :( I would love to see them.

immargaret, We booked the same tour a few wekks ago to make sure we could do this one in December. Your decision to do it one more time is a great endorsement! I would love to hear more about your experience.

We did the zip lines in either Belize or Roatan a couple years ago and the ones at Los Vernos seemed so much safer and less stress was put on your body. The ones we did before we were given these large gloves to wear and to slow down you basically grabbed the line behind you. At Los Vernos you are holding onto these handles and you just pull down a little on them and you will slow down. Los Vernos also gives instructions while you are on the ground, and not while you are about to go out on your first line.

jaynak,

Your link will look like this, and then will have your user name at the end for webshots... You will see a link you can copy on your home page at webshots, right above your albums on the left side of the page, it will say something about community link I think.

btn_editsettings_84x15.gif

clear.gif

/

:)

We loved everything about Los Veranos. The staff were so much fun, they truly loved what they were doing and took great care of us. The food was delicious and the Cervesa was cold. It was hot and humid but made the experience more of an adventure. Bring bug spray. We didnt and got bit. The bites didnt hurt but itched like crazy a few days after. I was the biggest chicken of the group and cant wait to go again. It was VERY safe and they explain everything in detail and coax you along every step of the way. The DVD is great. Some awesome shots of all of our group. They even suggested that we buy one and make copies. The pictures were good too.

I hope you do it. I am sure glad I did.

We loved everything about Los Veranos. The staff were so much fun, they truly loved what they were doing and took great care of us. The food was delicious and the Cervesa was cold. It was hot and humid but made the experience more of an adventure. Bring bug spray. We didnt and got bit. The bites didnt hurt but itched like crazy a few days after. I was the biggest chicken of the group and cant wait to go again. It was VERY safe and they explain everything in detail and coax you along every step of the way. The DVD is great. Some awesome shots of all of our group. They even suggested that we buy one and make copies. The pictures were good too.

I hope you do it. I am sure glad I did.

Well I did recieve the confirmation this morning, my question is they say they are on Central StandardTime, do we need to adjust our time when we arrive in PV, we're sailing Princess. Thanks

As a general rule, Princess sets ship time to match port time. This is a hot topic in another thread with a few rare exceptions pointed out but nobody reported the Mexican Riviera intinerary as one where port & ship time were different.

DW & I arrive in PV for a two-week land vacation. I'll be zipping through the trees on the 11th.

Archived