update on Rendezvous resort

carolcb523

Thanks for letting me know! I had reservations for new week when we are on the Carnival Liberty. They never mentioned anything about renovations. I will be cancelling.

I wouldn't cancel, personally. The construction is minor, and not in the main guest areas..they are adding a restaurant, on the south end of the beaxh, which is almost finished. They are expanding the jetty, again at the south end of the beach and no impact on main beach area of guest facilities. One pool has been having some work - retiling, cosmetic upgrades, and is supposed to be finished by Sept 9...You'll hardly notice, especially as you're visiting for the day. The other pool is alive and well, main beach area is unaffected, restaurant and bars are running per usual, etc...

Do you know if the pool with the swim up bar is closed right now?

That is the one being retiled, and is supposed to be done next week. Whether it will be complete or not is anyone's guess. There are other bars on property, the larger spa pool, the lazy river area, and the beach....

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't cancel, personally. The construction is minor, and not in the main guest areas..they are adding a restaurant, on the south end of the beaxh, which is almost finished. They are expanding the jetty, again at the south end of the beach and no impact on main beach area of guest facilities. One pool has been having some work - retiling, cosmetic upgrades, and is supposed to be finished by Sept 9...You'll hardly notice, especially as you're visiting for the day. The other pool is alive and well, main beach area is unaffected, restaurant and bars are running per usual, etc...

I've just received an email from Angus, a manager, to inform us that they are not open, we had requested passes for our Carnival Liberty cruise due in St Lucia on Thu 1st Oct, this was his reply, hope this helps fellow cruisers.

Dear Mr. Lang

Thank you for your interest in our property.

Please note that we are unable to consider your request for day passes on the 1st October 2015. Rendezvous will not be open to guest during this prior as we are currently close until later during the month.

We are sorry and hope that we will be able to host some other time in the future.

Regards

Angus Sexius | Front Desk Manager

cid:image001.jpg@01D0EE41.780D5910

I've just received an email from Angus, a manager, to inform us that they are not open, we had requested passes for our Carnival Liberty cruise due in St Lucia on Thu 1st Oct, this was his reply, they are closed for a while, hope this helps fellow cruisers.

Dear Mr. Lang

Thank you for your interest in our property.

Please note that we are unable to consider your request for day passes on the 1st October 2015. Rendezvous will not be open to guest during this prior as we are currently close until later during the month.

We are sorry and hope that we will be able to host some other time in the future.

Regards

Angus Sexius | Front Desk Manager

Edited by Jerbil

Are their any activities included in the day pass? i.e. kayak, snorkel, etc.

I've just received an email from Angus, a manager, to inform us that they are not open, we had requested passes for our Carnival Liberty cruise due in St Lucia on Thu 1st Oct, this was his reply, they are closed for a while, hope this helps fellow cruisers.

I received a confirmation for January 30, 2016 a few days ago.

I received a confirmation for January 30, 2016 a few days ago.

May I ask how long it took to receive the confirmation and where you sent your request to? I emailed the resort Sunday night for our mid-January cruise and haven't heard back yet. Thanks :)

May I ask how long it took to receive the confirmation and where you sent your request to? I emailed the resort Sunday night for our mid-January cruise and haven't heard back yet. Thanks :)

I emailed the manager angus@TheRomanticHoliday.com, and had a reply within 2 hours to tell me they were closed for renovations, and couldn't honour a booking for Oct 2015

I sent an email to angus@theromaticholiday.com & was not sure it went through so I sent it again a few days later & they responded the next day.

I also asked if we could come from 9:30AM-3:30PM instead of 12:00-6:00PM since we are in port from 8AM-5PM & this was the response I received...

'Thank you for considering Rendezvous as part of your holiday destination. Pleased to inform that we are able to adjust to the time you requested.

Payment can be made on arrival, which will be US$65.00 per person

We are looking forward to hosting you.'

I sent an email to angus@theromaticholiday.com & was not sure it went through so I sent it again a few days later & they responded the next day.

I also asked if we could come from 9:30AM-3:30PM instead of 12:00-6:00PM since we are in port from 8AM-5PM & this was the response I received...

'Thank you for considering Rendezvous as part of your holiday destination. Pleased to inform that we are able to adjust to the time you requested.

Payment can be made on arrival, which will be US$65.00 per person

We are looking forward to hosting you.'

Thank you!

Emailed twice for Nov 12 and still waiting on a reply. Have done Sandals resorts before, and while they are spectacular, saving $70 per couple would be preferred.

Is Rendezvous sitting on a nice beach? Adequate number of chairs and umbrellas?

Emailed twice for Nov 12 and still waiting on a reply. Have done Sandals resorts before, and while they are spectacular, saving $70 per couple would be preferred.

Is Rendezvous sitting on a nice beach? Adequate number of chairs and umbrellas?

Yes, it's on a lovely beach and yes, lots of lounge chairs, etc.

If you don't hear from them before your trip, you can always ask at the gate. If you're denied, just walk a little further down to Vigie Beach proper and enjoy the same stretch of beach for free. There's local rum shacks and food shacks down by the airport entrance for food and drink, lots of natural shade and facilities in the airport for restroom needs.

Enjoy your visit.