Carnival returning to Mobile?

kublaieod

WKRG news of Mobile is putting out news that a cruise ship will be coming back to Mobile. The Mayor will return this afternoon and make an announcement.

Not a big deal to most but living 90 minutes from that port was sure handy. If carnival most likely a Fantasy class ship.

I know Fascination is going to be sailing San Juan for a bit but maybe that is the ship.

Also the Triumph did port that after their cruise from hell. Would imagine they would have to enhance the port first.

At any rate, great news.

If anyone hears anything, post it here!!

They DID enhance their port. Mobile spent a lot of money updating and improving the Cruise terminal hoping Carnival would come back after they pulled out in 2011 ... only to be snubbed. I am glad to see CCL coming back (if in fact that is what the outcome is) Mobile makes a good drivable port for many people in the Mid southern states.

I think the Mobile Mayor MAY have brought up the fact that Airbus now has an assembly plant there that is about to get underway (already is to some degree). This Aircraft assembly plant is huge and will be bringing 1000's of jobs to the Mobile area, not to mention all the support businesses and the 1000's of people they're gonna need to fill all those positions. In other words, the South Alabama market is growing with better than average paying jobs!

I live about 45 min. away from the port and have sailed on all but one of the Carnival ships that sailed from there! Can't wait to hear all the new details!

We have a Carnival cruise on the Dream booked for Nov. 2016. MAYBE that will be the last time we have too drive to New Orleans for a cruise! ( for awhile anyway!)