Putting together your own themed cruise!

Cap'n Jack Sparrow

I was thinking about putting together my own themed cruise but am not sure how to proceed. Does anyone know of any helpful resources for doing this? How helpful would the cruise lines be in getting me started?

I would assume you'd work that through a travel agent. If you can sell them on your idea' date=' they could provide a lot of help in getting your themed cruise off the ground. They could also get you some good group rates to make the cruise attractive to the people you wanted to have take it with you. Depending on how many people you could interest in signing up, you could get some free berths for the cruise's hosts ... guest talent, etc.

Of course, for such a cruise to be successful, you would have to have a good concept ... one that would draw some interest ... or a "name" to draw people to it ... such as the Battlestar Galatica cruise mentioned on this board ... with Richard Hatch.

You might even be able to set it up as a CC group cruise and take advantage of marketing opportunities on these boards.

I've been involved in this sort of thing with my dad's seniors club. Email me at [email']kry.os@verizon.net[/email] and I'll try to point you in some fruitful directions.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived