Purchasing Drink Package on Board in Europe

patreke

Yes this is another drink package question....

There is some discussion on our roll call about VAT in Europe & what rate applies when.

My question is if I purchase a premium drink package when I board in Southampton what does it cost in US$ ? I had been budgeting $57 which I think I had read it was with the gratuity but is there an additional tax added if you buy on board? If there is, it may eat up my exchange savings I got buying OBC ahead of time.

Thanks

Patti

Sorry I can't answer your questions about the VAT. We did not get the package for our whole cruise, BUT, on the last day of our cruise (a day at sea), the company offered a one-day package which took effect the night before. Absolutely brilliant of them. We paid $60 each for the premium and make great use of it. I did not notice any gratuity or tax listed on our receipts, just the cost of the drink. I think the purpose of the receipt was to see if one would tip extra. We did that sometimes and gave cash as well.

I am hoping that one-day only packages will be offered in the future.