Door decorating question...

saks

We will be sailing out of Charleston in just a few short weeks (:D:D:D) and I would like to decorate our teenage daughters door so that they will be able to find their room easier. When we cruised 4 or 5 years ago, there were a lot of doors decorated. Is it still allowed?

Thanks!!!:)

Do magnets work on the doors?

I'm trying to figure out how we want to decorate ours and was considering magnets.

Don't plan anything around magnets....you can take them but don't plan on using. Take poster putty, command strips, etc. ANYTHING THAT COMES OFF CLEAN AND DOESNT DAMAGE DOORS. This is a Huge no-no. My room steward brought me 2 INCH clear tape last month because all I had was poster putty. Must have not worked because I've used it so much and it might have been a little dried out. But the tape he brought worked GREAT.

• 3 months later...

If you have a Dollar Tree (or similar store) near you you can purchase removable wall decals. No need for tape or putty. They cling to a flat surface. I have recently bought flowers and some alphabets (letters) to spell out things on our cabin door. They are cheap and easy to use. In the past I have had monkeys, peace signs, lizards, etc. Perfect for identifying your door.

I just did my door decoration this past weekend. I just used a single sheet of scrapbook paper. It's nothing major in size by any means. It was in blues and was a picture of a beach, sea, sun and a palm tree. I bought scrapbook stickers that were of a ship, dolphins, flowers, and the word "boy voyage." I then bought letters and put our name on the sheet with the year. Using poster putty to adhere to the door.

If you have a Dollar Tree (or similar store) near you you can purchase removable wall decals. No need for tape or putty. They cling to a flat surface. I have recently bought flowers and some alphabets (letters) to spell out things on our cabin door. They are cheap and easy to use. In the past I have had monkeys, peace signs, lizards, etc. Perfect for identifying your door.

Thats what dd and I used on the Splendor in March. We had pink and silver animal print that totally matched the decor of the ship!

We love to decorate our doors. On our last cruise (New Year's Cruise) we had 4 cabins. Probably the best part was using the parrots partially sticking out, then from down the hall, the doors were easy to identify. We had people in rooms around us thank us and mentioned how easy it was to find their room by using our parrots. If you look close on some of the pics, I added our kids faces into the designs.

804725442_CabinDoors1.jpg.1ce79f811a8ed8f4c950ab0c54ff8942.jpg

212129663_CabinDoorHall.jpg.d6de2ea0cef569580bbe2b2508f3b6a5.jpg

1299239541_CabinDoor2.jpg.0ab1c7261a520778baef6a9cf241631c.jpg

Looks terrific!! We always decorate our cabin door. How did you attach your signs?? I have read that Carnival has trying to make it hard for us to attach our signs to the doors!! I have used tape, but always clean the door of any residue. Did the room steward have any comments?? We are leaving on the Conquest soon and one to put are signs up with no hassle!! Thanks for any response. :)

what about dry erase boards? how would you recommend putting those on doors? Thinking about this for our next cruise to be able to communicate with everybody in our group easier. :)

I would keep the dry erase board inside the cabin. It would be tricky to hang on the door and you don't want everyone who passes your room reading your messages (or adding some themselves [emoji6])

Looks terrific!! We always decorate our cabin door. How did you attach your signs?? I have read that Carnival has trying to make it hard for us to attach our signs to the doors!! I have used tape, but always clean the door of any residue. Did the room steward have any comments?? We are leaving on the Conquest soon and one to put are signs up with no hassle!! Thanks for any response. :)

We used a combination of tape and double stick foam stickers. It was an 8 day cruise and no one messed with any of our doors and the cabin stewards liked them. So no issues.

I have tried many different dry erase boards and the problem was they were too heavy to stay on. On our last cruise I found dry erase boards in a five pack at Walmart. Very light weight and used tricky tack to secure. We had twelve in our group and we had a great time leaving Christmas messages to each other. Decorated with Christmas stickers etc. Put a strip of magnetic tape for the dry erase markers but they did fall off so we put the markers in the basket by each door they use to put your bill, tickets etc.