Running Track on Glory and Victory

koss78b2

Just a question regarding the running tracks on the Carnival Ships

more less for the Glory and Victory.

considering i like to keep in shape and run.

is the running track clear and open for running, most of the day? anytime?

or do they put chairs in the way of it later in day time etc?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
It's almost never blocked by chairs or anything but often times people will either stand or walk on it which defeats its purpose.....but it's big enough to go around them so no worries

Does anybody know whats the distance around the running track?

I discovered that sail away is not the best time to try and run on the track. I did have one very drunk woman chasing after me asking me where the bathroom was. Fortunately she only lasted half a lap.

The Dream class is 7 laps to a mile, not sure about Victory or Glory, but I was thinking that the track was smaller on those.

Does anybody know whats the distance around the running track?

Hi Cruiser CJ :)

10 laps = 1 mile

Victory info located @:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/VI_ShipFeatures_PublicAreas.htm

Glory info located @:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/GL_ShipFeatures_PublicAreas.htm

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Slower should stay to the right

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Ahhh, like the highway or interstate? Slow pokes like me stay out of the fast left lanes?

And that's going counter clockwise (turning back the hands of time)

Edited by evandbob

Ahhh, like the highway or interstate? Slow pokes like me stay out of the fast left lanes?

And that's going counter clockwise (turning back the hands of time)

Usually yes, but some tracks switch directions by day on land, not sure about on ship. :)

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Running on that track is not always as easy as it looks. We use the track often on all ships. My husband can run his whole work out without any troubles. The movement of the ship does not bother him at all. As far as me running....I can not get my brain to adjust to the ship moving and me moving too. I don't know why but.......I end up walking more than running on the ships. I have to use the ships for my short runs and run my longer run on shore one day.

Good luck and May The Ship Move With You!

Relax and Enjoy Life,

I once ran 14 miles on the track on Freedom :eek:; I wouldn't recommend it, but marathon training doesn't stop for vacation. 10 laps to the mile.

I found it is easier to go up very early (before sunrise). It's not hard for me as I'm an early morning runner anyway. Walkers tend to come out around 6 or 7. Some ships are better than others. Sometimes you get 3-wide who refuse to move, but most stay to the right.

There was something "odd" about the track on Conquest; I think it had a slight slant/banking. It hurt to run on it. We had some extra time after shopping in St. Thomas and took the opportunity to run along the shore.

The earlier the better in my experience. Unfortunately walkers often block the path and most ships have some sharp turns and winding areas. So be careful. Last cruise another runner ran clockwise against everyone for an entire workout. Every ship posts the laps for a mile and km somewhere along the track.

The earlier the better in my experience. Unfortunately walkers often block the path and most ships have some sharp turns and winding areas. So be careful. Last cruise another runner ran clockwise against everyone for an entire workout. Every ship posts the laps for a mile and km somewhere along the track.

You would think after awhile the guy running against everyone else would have scratched his head and thought oops going the wrong way:)