Adding OBC when on ship

Hi there,

Just wondering (I'll be traveling out of Australia) whether when I get on board, if I bring $US cash with me (, whether I will be able to load this onto my account. I wouldn't be paying the account with cash, but just using some US cash to lessen the exchange rates with the rest of the final bill.

Thanks

Hi there,

Just wondering (I'll be traveling out of Australia) whether when I get on board, if I bring $US cash with me (, whether I will be able to load this onto my account. I wouldn't be paying the account with cash, but just using some US cash to lessen the exchange rates with the rest of the final bill.

Thanks

Not a problem, but unless you got a great rate on the US$ not sure you're saving anything, but doing it isn't an issue

You should look at the rate you can pre-buying your $US OBC in $AUS if you have booked your cruise in $AUS. There's currently a Canadian Cruisers thread on this RCI forum that highlights the fact that we can buy $US OBC for just 10% more in $CDN if our cruise is booked in our currency.

We did that for our last cruise which was a down under one and have done so for our next two booked cruises. Basically we are getting $100US OBC for $110CDN and with our $ trading at just over $0.75US, it is a great deal.

I thought I had read somewhere here that there was a similar better deal for $US OBC for those who have bought their cruise in $AUS which is trading at less than $0.70US as you probably and most painfully know. ;)

Edited by robtulipe