Best Topless Beach?

peanutzmom

Definitely Orient Beach...I've been there twice, love the water, jetskiing is awesome, topless women everywhere a few men hanging out if you know what I mean and there is a restaurant at the end of the beach towards the all nude part that is open air, even the waitress was stark naked serving food....can we say "Hair Net"?????!!!!!!

I just got back from our cruise which took us there. Orient Beach was good, but like the others said it is more than topless. There are also a lot of "older" people there. So as long as you are prepared to take the good with the bad (more bad than good), the it should be o.k. The only negative thing I can say about Orient Beach is that the people are very rude.(it's on the French side)

I just got back from our cruise which took us there. Orient Beach was good, but like the others said it is more than topless. There are also a lot of "older" people there. So as long as you are prepared to take the good with the bad (more bad than good), the it should be o.k. The only negative thing I can say about Orient Beach is that the people are very rude.(it's on the French side)

(Beginning of rant.)

Is it always necessary for someone to post "but lots of the people at Orient shouldn't be topless/nude" (or words to that effect) whenever this subject is discussed? Yes, I realize this is an opinion, but frankly if someone expects ANY topless or nude beach to be populated by only Jennifer Anistons or Brad Pitts (or fill in your favorite young, buff, slim, etc. celebrity), then they have no business going to that beach in the first place.

Here's the deal: In many, many countries throughout the world, people enjoy sunbathing in various stages of undress. This is the custom and ALL people are welcome to enjoy it. It is not a "beauty" contest; it is not "Miss Hawaiian Tropic"; it is not Chipendales. If you (general "you," not one specific poster) have a personal opinion that only sexy young people should go to topless beaches, keep it to yourself. It's rude and insulting to numerous people on these boards and throughout the world. We do not get to decide who "deserves" to go topless or nude. Simple logic should tell us that if we go to a beach (whether topless or not), there will be people there in all shapes, sizes, and ages.

As for rudeness, I do not doubt someone else's experience. I will only say that ours differed. We found the people on both sides of the island to be friendly and pleasant (although I'm sure there are plenty of rude people no matter where we go).

And finally, everyone should be aware that, in the French tradition, ALL beaches on the French side of the island allow female topless sunbathing. If anyone has a problem with it, then they should consider going to other beaches. (I am NOT saying that it's not perfectly acceptable to choose not to go to a beach where toplessness/nudity is allowed; we are all entitled to our own preferences and tastes. I AM saying that we have no business expecting other countries and cultures to change their norms to suit our expectations--we are in their country, not the other way around.)

(End of rant.)

As for Orient Beach, we thoroughly enjoyed it. (Yes, my not-quite-young/not-quite-perfect female self was topless all afternoon.) The beach was lovely; the vendors were there, but not agressive in any way; the water was incredible, warm and clear; the food and drinks were tasty; and many, many women who started out with tops on, ended up with tops off as the day went on. It's a terrific beach. Yes, there were many nude people down by the Club Orient area (and there were many clothed people at Club Orient--it's clothing optional, not full-nudity required). It's just no big deal.

Enjoy your trip and your toplessness (should you choose to do so).;)

beachchick

(Beginning of rant.)

Is it always necessary for someone to post "but lots of the people at Orient shouldn't be topless/nude" (or words to that effect) whenever this subject is discussed? Yes, I realize this is an opinion, but frankly if someone expects ANY topless or nude beach to be populated by only Jennifer Anistons or Brad Pitts (or fill in your favorite young, buff, slim, etc. celebrity), then they have no business going to that beach in the first place.

Here's the deal: In many, many countries throughout the world, people enjoy sunbathing in various stages of undress. This is the custom and ALL people are welcome to enjoy it. It is not a "beauty" contest; it is not "Miss Hawaiian Tropic"; it is not Chipendales. If you (general "you," not one specific poster) have a personal opinion that only sexy young people should go to topless beaches, keep it to yourself. It's rude and insulting to numerous people on these boards and throughout the world. We do not get to decide who "deserves" to go topless or nude. Simple logic should tell us that if we go to a beach (whether topless or not), there will be people there in all shapes, sizes, and ages.

As for rudeness, I do not doubt someone else's experience. I will only say that ours differed. We found the people on both sides of the island to be friendly and pleasant (although I'm sure there are plenty of rude people no matter where we go).

And finally, everyone should be aware that, in the French tradition, ALL beaches on the French side of the island allow female topless sunbathing. If anyone has a problem with it, then they should consider going to other beaches. (I am NOT saying that it's not perfectly acceptable to choose not to go to a beach where toplessness/nudity is allowed; we are all entitled to our own preferences and tastes. I AM saying that we have no business expecting other countries and cultures to change their norms to suit our expectations--we are in their country, not the other way around.)

(End of rant.)

As for Orient Beach, we thoroughly enjoyed it. (Yes, my not-quite-young/not-quite-perfect female self was topless all afternoon.) The beach was lovely; the vendors were there, but not agressive in any way; the water was incredible, warm and clear; the food and drinks were tasty; and many, many women who started out with tops on, ended up with tops off as the day went on. It's a terrific beach. Yes, there were many nude people down by the Club Orient area (and there were many clothed people at Club Orient--it's clothing optional, not full-nudity required). It's just no big deal.

Enjoy your trip and your toplessness (should you choose to do so).;)

beachchick

I agree with beachchick's rant. We have been to SXM a couple of times and have yet to encounter ANY rudeness on the French side and as for naturists with less than perfect bodies and topless women with less than perfect breasts - so what. I assume if someone is topless or nude, they are that way because they want to be - not to entertain other beach goers. If only perfect bodies are acceptable to you, don't go to beaches period. Next time I am there I will be on the beach in a bathing suit with my less than perfect body and I don't give a damn if someone thinks I would look better in a burka.

I have been to many French owned or influenced places in my life (France included) and have never experienced any rudeness. Sometimes other cultures are more brusque than Americans who are sometimes viewed as a sort of happy Labrador Retriever, but every culture has their thing. I have been asked some questions about my income in other cultures that would be considered very rude here but are the norm there.

Oh and if you are going to be in St. Martaan in two weeks avoid Orient Beach. My sagging boobs will be on full display. Consider yourself warned.

My kids are going to die of humilation. Serves em right for various offenses I had to endure when they were tiny! HA!

Cruise to St. Martin 699.00

Trip to Orient Beach for the day with drinks and lunch $150.00

Paying back your 8 year old for the time he yelled out "A queer a queer" in the Boystown neighborhood (gay) of Chicago cause he could not pronouce squirral, priceless. (Fortunatly the people around us laughed when they figured out he was chasing a furry little animal).

Trip to Orient Beach for the day with drinks and lunch $150.00

I'm not sure how to take your comment on price. In any case this would be a reasonable price if it's for a group of 4, otherwise I would go it on my own.

That's the budgeted amount for all four of us for the day, with a taxi each way and lunch, drinks for the adults and maybe a purchase. I don't really do too many cruiseline shore excrusions.

Good budget for a group of four. My guess is you will blow the budget on drinks! :D

For purchases, check out Adam & Eve and Sexy Fruits for some clothing that you will NEVER find at home.

Good budget for a group of four. My guess is you will blow the budget on drinks! :D

For purchases, check out Adam & Eve and Sexy Fruits for some clothing that you will NEVER find at home.

Who me? I have NO idea what you are talking about! lol!

Yep I plan to hit Sexy Fruits for sure.

Any reccomendations for a good bar? We are looking for some good food with a kids menu (I have looked at the online menus that are out there), lounge chairs and shade. I figure we will beach comb, splash in the water (not too deep. The oldest one is terrified of sharks and convinced they eat EVERYTHING that even puts a toe in the ocean, shesh) and hang out and let the boys just be boys.

I don't care if they see nude people, they don't really care either and have been warned that any comments will not be tolerated.

Any reccomendations for a good bar? We are looking for some good food with a kids menu (I have looked at the online menus that are out there), lounge chairs and shade.

I don't care if they see nude people, they don't really care either and have been warned that any comments will not be tolerated.

For great food at good prices I would suggest BayWatch. I like The Pirate as the folks there are very friendly and take good care of each person. Food's not bad either and it's within a few steps of BayWatch, the Mexicana Bar, Sexy Fruits and Pedros (for tunes).

For "comments not being tolerated", I assume you are referring to the hubby! :D

I was chatting with a (totally nude) couple on Orient Beach a few hours ago.

They were staying at Orient, and received, in their room, a flyer asking them to NOT stroll off the property totally nude, as it was not proper. Word was that if there were many more complaints then the 'Authorities' would become involved.

That said, as we set up our tent at around 9:30 this morning we observed many nude strollers coming back from their long (entire) beach walk.

gary

For great food at good prices I would suggest BayWatch. I like The Pirate as the folks there are very friendly and take good care of each person. Food's not bad either and it's within a few steps of BayWatch, the Mexicana Bar, Sexy Fruits and Pedros (for tunes).

For "comments not being tolerated", I assume you are referring to the hubby! :D

Actually that would be my eight year old, who is going on 30. He has shown an interest in girls, much older girls, for about a year now. I don't get it. When I was his age boy and girls each thought the other had cooties.

Actually that would be my eight year old, who is going on 30. He has shown an interest in girls, much older girls, for about a year now....

After a day at Orient he might come home with all sorts of new ideas about babes wearing Wicked Weasels. :rolleyes: Then the next thing ya know he'll be wanting Mom to get a tatoo.

After a day at Orient he might come home with all sorts of new ideas about babes wearing Wicked Weasels. :rolleyes: Then the next thing ya know he'll be wanting Mom to get a tatoo.

Since *I* have a tattoo there is nothing I can say about it. Well after he is 18. Ya know I went to the website and I gotta say, those do NOT look comfy! :D

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions! If anyone is in SMX the week before Christmas, you will be sure to se me and my less-than-perfect body topless on Orient Beach. Now I need to go find out about this Sexy Fruit place...

That description eliminates about 2% of the people from the beach. I'm planning on being there but will need pictures (many pictures) of how I can find you on the beach. Make sure the pictures are of you in your "bathing costume". :D

BTW, go HERE to see Sexy Fruits.

• 2 months later...

As an ex-Brit been living in the US for 25 years and still go back every two years to visit my mum, there is nothing more rude than the odd American in London trying get a barmans attention in a pub!

Well, DH has finally said it's OK to try out a topless beach in St. Maarten. We'd like something with amenities like a restaurant and bar, and someplace where we can snorkle from the beach. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sunset Beach Bar, Topless women drink for free:D

Archived