Fun Shops Pre-Cruise order limit

GooseMcGee

Hi everyone,

Please excuse this post if already out there but a quick search did not produce anything from 2015...

We are cruising on the Breeze on October 4th, 2015 and for my portion of the group, we have two cabins. I have historically purchased beers for my room in advance along with a Wine/Cheese/Fruit basket for my wife (who on paper is in the second room with its own booking info). This cruise however, i was capped at two buckets of Corona and am unable to purchase the wine basket for the other room....

I can not find info on the fun shops that outline this new policy so can anyone shed some light as to why etc???

Thanks in advance and as always, happy sailing!!!

I don't know for a fact...but I tried to do a "false order" of one bottle of vodka, one bottle of wine and 2 buckets and it let me order them....I just stopped when it asked for payment info.

Maybe a quick call to Carnival?

Howdy

The order will go through to the end but will not complete. I went as far as booking info and payment etc, then I get the message that the room has exceeded the max of two alcoholic items..... It wasn't like that before.

Both rooms have minors in them (on paper) and it is exactly how we have always cruised as a family, so I am guessing it is just Carnival getting more and more "Disney'esque"....

sigh.....

I think that is a crock!!! Never was like that before and I enjoy having the cold Corona's with their caps still on waiting in my room!!! Sigh.. Biggest pain was since I ordered two buckets for self, I am now unable to order that wine&cheese basket for my wife even though she is in another room AND has a separate booking #...... grrrrrr

I ran into the same problem during my order last week. Only problem is, i wasn't even able to order my second bottle. I ordered one case of water and the vodka package. This comes with one bottle of Sky Vodka and six sprite sodas. When I tried to order a bottle of Peach Schnapps I got a message that I could not order it because I went over my two alcohol limit. I tried for a half hour to get my order to go through. Even turned my computer off and back on. I eventually had to order the peach schnapps through my mother's cabin. This has to be a new policy because I had no problems in the past ordering alcohol

I think that is a crock!!! Never was like that before and I enjoy having the cold Corona's with their caps still on waiting in my room!!! Sigh.. Biggest pain was since I ordered two buckets for self, I am now unable to order that wine&cheese basket for my wife even though she is in another room AND has a separate booking #...... grrrrrr

We have never had our beer or wine "cold" when we have ordered it. What is your secret?

I had trouble as well. I ordered two cases of water a bottle of crown and a vodka package for our 10 day sailing. It only showed one water. I called the fun shops and was able to order it all. Also you can have a friend send it as a gift. My mom sent a case of water to my cabin because it was only allowing one. I hope this helps.

It is true they won't let you order more than 2 for one day. However, how we got around it is we ordered beers for each day so they were delivered each morning. They are not delivered cold. My husband would just go out to a Lido bar and trade them for 4 cold ones. Very easy!!

I think it's two alcoholic items per day? If you change the date they are delivered you can have 2 per day during the entirety of the cruise...i think??

No; you're limited to 2 alcoholic items perorder, but they can be delivered all on the same day. Here's how it went for us...I placed the first order for the High Seas tote bag which incl. a bottle of champagne (flutes, towels, shirts, visors, $25 cruise cash and cruise photo cash...the current tote is called the Sail Away Package-good deal) and ordered a bottle of cognac. A few days later, I placed another order for the chill out package (beers with a soft-sided cooler) and a bottle of rum. I requested, and they were all delivered on embarkation day. We had FTTF and were still unpacking our luggage when everything arrived. It was an 8 day cruise...Cheers would have been over $900 for the 2 of us. We spent less than half of that on the Fun Shops orders and had plenty leftover to try new drinks and replenish the cooler with a few more buckets of beers!!

happy cruizin to all