Carnival Magic - ship time & tender port?

DorothyB

I'm doing the Nov 15th sailing from Galveston to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Itinerary for Grand Cayman says arrive 7AM and depart 4PM. So will we need to be back on the ship by 3PM?

I'm booking an excursion and trying to figure out the times.

If the times given are Galveston times, then 7AM will be 8 AM Cayman Island time and I need to be at the meeting point near the dock by 9:15 AM Cayman Island time. Is that possible with it being a tender port?

Thanks!

Hey I'm on this cruise with ya!

I think ship's time and Grand Cayman time are the same UNLESS daylight savings time messes with it. In any event, all of the tour operators are quick to know what time the ship should arrive. You might email them.

I'd give yourself at least an hour and a half to get off the boat. There's the line to get off and then the time spent on the tender.

This will be my severalth (a word I just made up) time in Grand Cayman and have always used the same tour operator and never had any issues. A fellow named Marvin. I think he's a Captain.

Daylight savings time ends Nov 1 and, for our cruise, there is the 1 hour difference in time.

Does Carnival generally keep ship's time as the home port time? I think yes, in which case it will be tight.

Are you doing a tour this cruise?