Custom professional photoshoot on sunshine??

cblzaccie

I thought i heard that you can schedule a professional photoshoot with one of the ships photographers while on the cruise? where they take you around the ship personally and take photos then edit them . has anyone had this service and how much did it cost?

A couple we met onboard our HI cruise did this. It was expensive (little lower than land-based professional photos) but without sitting fees. The pics were beautiful. The book they bought was very nice.

They were the first female couple the photog shot. He told them he went looking on the Internet and asked his colleagues for suggestions. He definitely wanted to get it right.

The Wedding and Honeymoon board has prices. Do a thread search.

Edited by SadieN

I thought i heard that you can schedule a professional photoshoot with one of the ships photographers while on the cruise? where they take you around the ship personally and take photos then edit them . has anyone had this service and how much did it cost?

My family did a photoshoot on the Breeze two years ago. It was 19.95 to book an appointment with the photographer and if you don't cancel or reschedule, they keep the fee. We met in a predetermined area on the ship and he took pictures of all of us together and individually in several different areas, even outside on the promenade deck. The pictures were stunning and I wanted most of them but it was over $1000 for the album. I opted for a few pictures for around $300. They will not negotiate pricing or let you pay in installments. You have to buy them before you leave the ship, no exceptions.

Edited by trixiegal

Thanks, i asked my cruise booking agent but apart from giving me the official blurb ( inserted at bottom) he could not give any idea of pricing. I think they should give at least a ball park price as people like to know if its even within their budget or not.

Dreams Studio

Dreams Studio is a personalized photo service offered by our elite team of professional photographers who are trained specifically for this type of product and make each shoot comfortable and fun so that they can capture the emotion in every photo.

Exclusive, custom photo shoots are offered on location, either around the ship or in the ports-of-call. Our photographers capture images of each client which are then edited to create a finished story book that is unique to them and their family.

Each ship has one or two Dreams photographers and therefore they have limited appointments available. There is no sitting fee and no obligation to purchase. Packages are tailored to each guest (we are currently trying out pricing on different ships).

• 1 month later...

just read your post so sorry for the late response. My husband and i did the dream pictures last year on the breeze. It was a amazing experience. There was no setting fee and the pictures were some of the best we have ever had taken. Just set up the day and time as soon as you get on ship. And you don't have to buy the whole book, cause they are quite expensive if you don;t want to spend that much. We bought about 10 pictures of the ones we liked the best and they were only about $5 more each than the other 8x10's that you get taken around the ship. I highly recommed it to anyone interested in doing it to go for it. You won't be dissappointed, just a little hard to choose the ones you like the best cause they make you look so good. LOL

Happy Cruising

We've done the Dream photo sessions twice on the Magic. The first time was a yr ago May 2014 and we opted for photos taken around the ship. They all turned out beautiful. I bought the entire package for $1000 which included all the photos (between 50-60) the coffee table hard cover book, a large canvas of one of the photos and a disk with all photos along with the copyright.

Here are a few of my favs from that photo shoot.

image.jpg.18477ba5084d046a050230f89a676713.jpg

We had another photo session this past. May. We had the photos taken in Cozumel at a resort. I choose the $700 package this time because We didn't like the pics as much as we had in the past. The photographer was different.

The offers are as follows: $30 per picture or $500 for all photos or $700 for all photos and the disk and copyright or $1000 for the previous along with the book and large canvas.

Here are a few of our favs

image.jpg.c82792b8ce549e14e53b6142146ea123.jpg

Maybe something to look into for our next cruise. Those prices are not bad, at least in comparison. We did one of these professional photo shoots when we sailed on a different cruise line, and the photos were indeed stunning, but the cost was $2,300 for 20-30 photos. The cheapest thing that they offered was a "view only" CD of un retouched photos for $800.